|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pre-ordering Witcher III?

View Poll Results - Are you pre-ordering Witcher III?

Yes, despite my backlog… 9 30.00%
Definitely, we need to support this developer 11 36.67%
Hell no, I dont pre-order. no means NO 6 20.00%
Nope, Witcher II sucked and this one looks no better 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Default Pre-ordering Witcher III?

June 7th, 2014, 19:03
Trailer got me. What about you?

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

June 8th, 2014, 00:06
missing an option for "I don't like the Witcher games" (even if it seems I'm the only one in that category in these forums)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

June 8th, 2014, 01:11
Already pre-order despite it releasing next year.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

June 8th, 2014, 01:20
I'll be pre ordering despite knowing I should just wait for the enhanced edition.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 8th, 2014, 01:30
I might. The 20% off for pre-ordering plus owning TW and TW2 is pretty tempting. So I guess "none of the above" at least not quite yet.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

June 8th, 2014, 02:03
I don't pre-order anything. The last game I paid full price for was Kingdoms of Amalur, and before that Skyrim. It's rare that I buy a game on release, especially now that I have a backlog of 100+ games. I have enough games to play, let alone plunking down another $50 for something to add to my backlog. I'll pick it up when it's on sale for $5 .

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

June 8th, 2014, 03:07
I probably will buy it just to support virus-free releases. I did the same with Witcher 2, and I didn't even like 1. Never played 2.

I don't see a need to pre-order though, since it's not like it'll be very high on my list of things I want to play.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

June 8th, 2014, 05:41
I've pre-ordered both the digital edition from GOG, and the CE from amazon, mainly because I believe these guys deserve our full support. In a world where everyone is nickel-and-dimeing us for every piece of content, these guys continued support W1/2 after release with free content. Plus, they have a great stand against DRM. Plus, they obviously have great vision and are pushing the boundaries of what graphics can look like.

Plus, this way I don't have to wait for my CE to arrive to play.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

June 8th, 2014, 06:07
Not pre-ordering at all. This is a game that I'll let a few friends try out first, then they can try to sell me on it. Liked the first one a lot, the 2nd not so much.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 8th, 2014, 08:12
I did already. Trailers got me excited, my problem is that I suck at action RPGs, I prefer sooo much more the classic approach - either turn based or like Infinity Engine games (BG series, Planescape, Icewind Dale, etc.). I loved the first Witcher - quests were good, fighting was simplified. The second Witcher had great visuals, but QTE were pissing me off and I could only play the game on Easy after the Combat overhaul mod was released. Anyway I like gog.com and approach of CD Projekt RED to gamers and I haven't participated in a couple of sales on Steam so I always have spare cash…

xep624

Watcher

June 8th, 2014, 09:13
So by preordering, we get:
- A DRM free copy of the game
- Beta keys to the adventure game
- Digital copy of Neverwinter Nights
- Digital comic
- Digital artbook with over 100 pages
- Extended soundtrack
- Artworks, wallpapers, avatars, bonus videos and a world map

You know to many other developers, this would be their idea of a COLLECTOR'S EDITION!

And don't forget, you get a 10% discount for EACH of the previous Witcher games you already own! Bloody hell….

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

June 8th, 2014, 11:09
I'm not a big pre-order fan, but this was too tempting. Everything about it screams super high quality and passion.

Guess I was just eager to show my support for that very, very rare thing in the publisher-driven space.

That said, I do have a sinking feeling this will be the peak of CDPR - and we'll soon be witnessing the start of a slow decline.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

June 8th, 2014, 12:26
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
That said, I do have a sinking feeling this will be the peak of CDPR - and we'll soon be witnessing the start of a slow decline.
Yeah, there always is a decline. Hopefully, Cyberpunk will have some that passion/quality splashed on it before that happens.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

June 8th, 2014, 14:12
Clicked on "we need to support this developer". Instead of saying why, I'll say why not other three options.

My backlog is not that huge to click the first option, I buy only what I really want to play so there is no pile of never played titles (there are only about a dozen of games still waiting). I do preorder games, not all of course so the third option is out. And IMO TW2 (and DX:HR) deserved GOTY award more than the game that got it in that year, that makes no to the last option.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 15th, 2014, 03:17
I might pre-order. The 20% off deal is pretty good and they throw in Neverwinter Nights (which I suppose I could feasibly play again… maybe…) and the sound track. The sound track from the first game was really excellent. They've got a history of releasing with bugs but they get them fixed and they don't charge for expansions that they do later.

But, it's still a pre-order and it's still a risk. I expect I'll probably do it but I'm not in a rush.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 15th, 2014, 03:58
Nope. I enjoyed TW 1, can't say the same about 2. I'll wait to pick up 3 when it hits a huge sale.

greywolf00

Sentinel

June 15th, 2014, 05:32
Had pre-ordered and then given TW1, TW2 & pre-order as awesome birthday present! (GOG really nice and cancelled my original pre-order with no fuss)

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

June 15th, 2014, 17:31
Pre-ordered in the first day, now only remains the long wait until release (at least will be plenty of interesting RPGs to play until that day)

gandalf.nho

Huntress

June 15th, 2014, 20:26
I don't pre-order anything on principle. Even games like the witcher 3, that I'm 100% sure I'm going to like. It just encourage developers and publishers to spend even more money on hyping their next game.

Firestorm

exp Looter

June 15th, 2014, 21:33
Erm… Normally wouldn't comment in a thread like this after I've already made a post, but in this case I just can't be silent.

I really don't think CDprojekt needs to hype more their next game - Cyberpunk.
More precisely, I don't think they need to speak about it at all till it's released, and it'll still sell like a cure. The money they get from preorders will go into polishing and development for sure, not on marketing. Or to Platige Image for another stunning CGI vid like in the case of TW2 where Baginski's gem got made AFTER the game was released.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pre-ordering Witcher III?