|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - A New Look at Swords & Sorcery: Underworld

Default RPGWatch Feature - A New Look at Swords & Sorcery: Underworld

February 22nd, 2013, 00:24
Back in 2010 Corwin reviewed Swords and Sorcery: Underworld, Today he takes a look at the updated Gold release of Sword and Sorcery: Underworld to see what the differences are with the original.
There have been improvements to game balance also. Experience is harder to come by as quest and battle rewards have been reduced. No longer can you expect to raise your level to 30, you’ll be hard pressed to get near 20. Fights are also more challenging and strategic. New strategy options have been added for each character type, which I found made battles much more enjoyable. You can even have the computer play out a fight for you - but except for obvious easy ones - I wouldn’t recommend using this feature.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 22nd, 2013, 00:24
I bought this a little while back and still haven't played it, I will do at some point though!

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

February 22nd, 2013, 03:28
The improvements to the gold version of this game are awesome, fun game. For anyone that liked the old might & magics and bard's tale games should pick this one up…its like those with modern improvements.

Saxon1974

Sentinel

February 23rd, 2013, 16:36
As much as I rail about gameplay over graphics, this overhaul really did make it feel like a brand new game to me. But Charles did a bunch of gameplay modifications to it, too, so the changes are much more than skin deep.

I really enjoyed it.

RampantCoyote

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - A New Look at Swords & Sorcery: Underworld