|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Interview @ RPS

Default Witcher 3 - Interview @ RPS

March 6th, 2013, 01:45
RPS interviewed CD Projekt senior quest designer Jakub Rokosz and Michał Platkow-Gilewski on The Witcher 3.
RPS: Iíd like to start with the most important question. Why does Geralt have a beard now?
Michał Platkow-Gilewski: [laughs] Thatís a tough question. When it came to redesigning the character, we made a survey of the company. We asked all the girls here, whatís the sexiest thing about the guys in the office? They all said the beards are the sexiest. So we came up with this breakthrough design change and added the beard. No, just joking. A few months have passed. Geralt is on the road, you could say?
Jakub Rokosz: Right now heís pretty much a man left on his own, after what happened in Witcher 2. He basically wanted to get a little alone time. I think the beard signifies that, that he spent some time in the wild. He didnít really have to worry about looking good for the ladies out there.

RPS: Thatís interesting. I think a lot of games just treat quests as a checklist of things to do, and if you donít do them, well, you just didnít do them. It sounds like youíre focusing on having ramifications for inaction or indecision.
Michał Platkow-Gilewski: Yes. I donít believe in a structure like A-B-C-D-E-F-G, youíre finished. The main storyline needs to be connected with everything thatís going on in the world, to a bigger and smaller extent. Of course, you just go out to somewhere in the woods, in the wilderness, and you can focus on monster-hunting. Maybe you as a gamer just love to hunt monsters, like the Witchers are supposed to do. You can focus on the undead if you want. So you can do whatever you want. For me, this is the definition of an RPG. Do whatever you want.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 6th, 2013, 01:45
We asked all the girls here, whatís the sexiest thing about the guys in the office? They all said the beards are the sexiest. So we came up with this breakthrough design change and added the beard.
YES!!
No, just joking.
Oh frak.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

March 6th, 2013, 13:30
The beard offers +1 to Geralt's armour stat.

Avantre

Watcher

March 6th, 2013, 14:22
I have a beard, more a rather advanced goatee, in real life.

I can attest to the fact that some girls like it

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2013, 06:36
I have a long goatee that is entering the realm of crazy prospector. Not sure I'm getting the same effect as the dudes in the CD Projekt office.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Interview @ RPS