|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - David Anfossi Interview @ RPS

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - David Anfossi Interview @ RPS

March 8th, 2013, 23:13
David Anfossi, excutive producer at Eidos Montreal has been interviewed by RPS.
In the interview he talks about his visions to develop stories across all media, be it games, books, movies and tv series - and much much more. Here's Anfossi's take on cross-media
in the DX franchise:
"I think for games based on a "complex" story and addressing [many] themes, a dramatic evolution of the characters deserve more than two hours…" he says. "For example, the world of DXHR could easily give birth to a TV series of 12 episodes that would fully support the points mentioned and allow viewers to have a complete and satisfying experience. It would be, in my opinion, the best way to share the world we created. Maybe one day."
For Deus Ex:Human Revolution, Eidos Montreal had
the chance to come into contact with members of the original team (eg to check the consistency of the DXHR story versus the established universe). This is a very important step in my opinion. These are important factors that began the design of the game itself. Without this information, the team would have gone completely "off" the DX universe. It should be the same for the teams in charge of adapting a game to the big screen and nothing less. The success of an adaptation/remake/sequel is directly linked to the homework you did before starting the conception of the specific elements of the film. We did our homework and we were able to identify the good - and less good - aspects of the first two games. Then we could frame our design and concentrate our energy on the right places. It's all about preparation."
More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

March 8th, 2013, 23:13
No series please.
A movie, yes.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 9th, 2013, 03:36
I don't see a problem with a series since there have been some very good series that are not like the crap that is on most TV. A couple very good examples are Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

March 9th, 2013, 04:12
Ha. Can't wait to see the gooey cheese they can wring out of this mess.

"I invested a billion dollars in you. Here's four bullets. Go and get through a giant warehouses swarming with bad guys who will kill you on sight. Good luck."

"Oh, and check behind exploding cardboard boxes for convenient human-sized air ducts that provide shortcuts to other rooms"

Ovenall

SasqWatch

March 9th, 2013, 08:18
Much prefer a series to a movie. Movies tend to have plot holes in their rush to tell a story without the time to explain stuff. Of course, there's also walking Dead with lots of time but seemingly no interest in avoiding plot holes…

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

March 9th, 2013, 09:27
Does this mean we will get to see Keanu Reeves as Adam? Then I am interested.

Igor

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - David Anfossi Interview @ RPS