|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Throw Trucks With Your Mind!

Default Throw Trucks With Your Mind!

February 14th, 2013, 04:01
This Kickstarter's a little different—perhaps a little gimmicky—and I'm really not sure how well it's going to pan out. But it certainly does seems intriguing.
Throw Trucks With Your Mind!

I have wired an EEG headset that reads your brain into a video game to give you telekinetic super-powers controlled with your thoughts.

Throw Trucks With Your Mind is a multiplayer-focused game where you … wait for it … throw trucks with your mind! No, seriously! Using your brainwaves, you unleash your psychokinetic powers on other players. No guns. No gimmicks. Just concentration, your brain, and psychic awesomeness. The game uses first-person shooter controls, but it's not a first-person shooter. You'll fight entirely through NeuroSky's MindWave headset peripheral that reads the electrical activity of your brain. Your weapon is the world around you and the various psychic manipulations you can perform on it to clobber others. There will be single-player training scenarios to teach you everything you need to know about the multiplayer, which is the main focus of the game.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

February 14th, 2013, 19:29
Saw that one also. I also think it looks gimmicky. Probably throwing trucks around with your mind will be amusing for ten minutes or so… I also imagine that there are likely to be technical glitches, which are likely to result in it working intermittently and being subject to confusion between different commands etc. Probably one for those who like to be on the bleeding edge.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

February 14th, 2013, 21:06
Looks like the kind of technology that will take a good half of a decade, if the video isn't absurdly fake/edited, to reach the geekiest of the commercial products.

I'd personally love to see it used in general computing and interfaces, like on the Google Glasses of the 2020s.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

March 11th, 2013, 21:06
It just reached the funding goal with 58 hours to go.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Throw Trucks With Your Mind!