|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread

Default The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread

March 14th, 2013, 20:25
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
2-3 people in many years. Congratulations
I'm honored! Thanks
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#41

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,456

Default 

March 14th, 2013, 20:28
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Half your "problem" is that you generally put way too much value on innovation and artistry, at least as compared to mainstream thought. Broad brush, of course, but it works well enough. Because of that, you're apt to get really enthused about the gaming equivalent of broiled pelican penis while shitting all over a perfectly suitable peanut butter -n- jelly sammich (not classy enough to even call a sandwich, mind you). That puts you crosswise with "common thought" right off the hop and then you defend your walls 300-Spartan style. Probably the only fault in that is occasionally you lose track of the fact that judgments easily made within your value system won't always fit well with someone not sharing said system. We're all guilty of that sin, though. Part of being semi-human and all thatÖ

It's probably easier just to call you an arrogant prick and stuff the finer details, but I'm reminded of something about pots and kettlesÖ
"Artistry" - maybe

Innovation, not my term for it.

I'd say I do place immense value on evolution - but that's more about taking established concepts further - and as far as they will go.

I tend to dislike innovation more than not, because at this stage in gaming - most kinds of innovation are just variations of similar things that's already been done to death.

For one thing, I can't figure out why all these tiny puzzlers or platform games get so much attention for putting a spin on ancient and archaic designs.

Games like Plants versus Zombies or Angry Birds are winning innovation awards - and I'm just standing in the corner wondering what the hell that is all about
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#42

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,456

Default 

March 14th, 2013, 20:29
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Where's the 'like' button when you needed it for once?
Öand what was that about my garden being messy?
Actually, I suspect your garden is less messy than the support structure for your opinion about Skyrim vs Morrowind
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#43

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,456

Default 

March 14th, 2013, 20:39
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hate.jpg (7.7 KB, 81 views)
Jaz is offline

Jaz

Jaz's Avatar
SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#44

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,338

Default 

March 14th, 2013, 20:49
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
You have "strange" views on things because you operate from an unusual value system. Unusual, as in not mainstream, as opposed to unusual as in unmitigated evil.
I believe that of myselŲf, too.

And that's why I don't discuss in recent times anymore. I feel myself too much of an alien.

Within my HSP community, however, I feel kind of normal, since highly sensitive persons tend to have similar views - and especially, give the [almost] fact that a *lot* of highly intellectually gifted persons are also highly sensitive persons at the same time. (Member of "Mensa", the club of highly intetellectually gifted persons, to me at the "Didacta" learning fair & exhibition . "We all have read that book." with "that book" she meant "Jenseits der Norm", a book where a psychiatrist states her theory - based on personal experience with her clients - that highly intellectually gifted persons are almost always highly sensitive at the same time, too.)

ď Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius Ė and a lot of courage Ė to move in the opposite direction.ď (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is online now

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR

#45

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 15,982

Default 

March 17th, 2013, 17:36
I dont like you.


I bet your breath is horrible too. I find that people I dislike usually have horrid breath as well, so there's a strange correlation between halitosis and people that I consider knuckleheads.

I think that you need to make a poll of this thread, you know. One option be "I think Dart is Awful", and the other "I think Dart is Wonderful". I'm really curious as to which would win.

You already know how I'd vote. I'd probably vote twice if given the chance, so make sure you set up the poll right if you do it.
xSamhainx is offline

xSamhainx

xSamhainx's Avatar
Paws of Doom

#46

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 4,664

Default 

March 17th, 2013, 20:27
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
I dont like you.


I bet your breath is horrible too. I find that people I dislike usually have horrid breath as well, so there's a strange correlation between halitosis and people that I consider knuckleheads.

I think that you need to make a poll of this thread, you know. One option be "I think Dart is Awful", and the other "I think Dart is Wonderful". I'm really curious as to which would win.

You already know how I'd vote. I'd probably vote twice if given the chance, so make sure you set up the poll right if you do it.
I know there's something you're trying to say - but it's not really getting out.

Basically, you're coming out of the closet and you want me? Sorry - I'm saving myself.

But set up that poll - should be fun!
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#47

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,456

Default 

March 17th, 2013, 21:06
On your journey through forum hell:
1. At the threshold, your first encounter is a taunting demon named dteowner. Frequently mistaken as an obviously malign creature, he's especially craftful at poking reactions out of most visitors.
2. If you've made it this far, your next encounter is a quarrelsome demon named DArtagnan. Prone to arguing, very few escape his entangling words that can ensnaring the most seasoned travelers.
3. Your final destination has many names, but to some he is simply know as JemyM. His logic, obtuse and twisted to reason, will cast such doubts you'll simply cease to exist.
hishadow is offline

hishadow

Level N+1

#48

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern parts of Norway
Posts: 1,140

Default 

March 17th, 2013, 21:14
+1, I donít like the way you present your augments ether, it always seem to be about attacking the opinion you donít agree with in an ether direct or indirect way, yes you do present your own argument in a solid way supported by facts but what I have seen of your posts the always try to devalue or discredit the opinion people that donít agree with you, maybe you should try to let your opinion sat on it own rather then attack your opponents if your opinion are valid and presented in a reasonable way it should be able to stand on it own.

As for why I donít put you on ignore, I find the itís best listing to all opinions even the ones I donít agree with before making up my mind, who know maybe I could learn something new.

PS. I thought about working in a low key reference comparing your way of presenting your augments to that of a politician, but I decided against it since it would also be a cheap attack.
Firestorm is offline

Firestorm

Firestorm's Avatar
exp Looter

#49

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 86

Default 

March 17th, 2013, 21:14
Just set up the poll yourself in this thread, Dart. I can think of no more appropriate place to put it.
Or are you too damn lazy?
xSamhainx is offline

xSamhainx

xSamhainx's Avatar
Paws of Doom

#50

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 4,664

Default 

March 17th, 2013, 23:01
Firestorm, there is, I'm sure, one major difference between D'art and a politician (any politician). Somewhere, hidden where you may never find it , I'm certain D'art has at least ONE redeeming quality!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is offline

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

#51

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,475
Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 00:55
Originally Posted by hishadow View Post
On your journey through forum hell:
1. At the threshold, your first encounter is a taunting demon named dteowner. Frequently mistaken as an obviously malign creature, he's especially craftful at poking reactions out of most visitors.
What hey? I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to take this.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!
dteowner is offline

dteowner

dteowner's Avatar
Shoegazer

#52

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 11,319

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 01:44
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
What hey? I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to take this.
You're the first level boss. The tutorial. The taunting demon. The boss most players get to see if they quit the game half through.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine
JemyM is offline

JemyM

JemyM's Avatar
Okay, now roll sanity.

#53

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,028
Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 02:04
I generally take the first few comments at face value until I see someone go back to their old tricks, but i don't know if that's he right way to go of course.
Damian is offline

Damian

Sentinel

#54

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 07:55
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
+1, I donít like the way you present your augments ether, it always seem to be about attacking the opinion you donít agree with in an ether direct or indirect way, yes you do present your own argument in a solid way supported by facts but what I have seen of your posts the always try to devalue or discredit the opinion people that donít agree with you, maybe you should try to let your opinion sat on it own rather then attack your opponents if your opinion are valid and presented in a reasonable way it should be able to stand on it own.

As for why I donít put you on ignore, I find the itís best listing to all opinions even the ones I donít agree with before making up my mind, who know maybe I could learn something new.

PS. I thought about working in a low key reference comparing your way of presenting your augments to that of a politician, but I decided against it since it would also be a cheap attack.
Yeah, it's true - I do tend to bash the opinions of other people when I feel they're silly or unfair. I can see why that would rub them the wrong way.

But, given my nature of being an extremely sarcastic person - it's something I don't think I can ever really change. I do that IRL as well - probably even more so, but it's always done with a heavy dose of smiles and sarcasm - and again, I separate opinions from the people having them. IRL, people "get me" - so they understand that nothing about it is a serious insult - and that I insult myself as much as anyone else. I guess that doesn't register online.

In that same way, I think I'm capable of admitting to having a crap opinion or apologizing online more than most people. Simply because I don't take it to heart. I also don't go around padding myself on the back because I may be right about something.

Being right or wrong is so fucking trivial in my world. We're all right and wrong every single day of our lives. I just can't take it seriously - and I can't fret about people despising my opinions - just as long as it's not personal. If it's personal, then there's a misunderstanding somewhere. People can confuse opinions with the people having them - but they should remember that level of information can be completely random and incidental.

Also, I happen to think a lot of people around here "bash" opinions - but they're more subtle and wishy-washy about it. It's like being polite (genuinely or not) is more important than being honest - and I don't agree.

As for the politician thing, that's cute - but pretty far from the truth. I'm the anti-politician. Politicians are obligated to try and be popular - and I'm obligated to be blunt and honest no matter the reaction. I don't always succeed - but it's close.

So, call me anything you want - but that would be very inaccurate.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#55

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,456

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 07:56
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Just set up the poll yourself in this thread, Dart. I can think of no more appropriate place to put it.
Or are you too damn lazy?
I'm both lazy and not interested enough. Besides, I doubt a single person around here would ever admit to thinking I'm wonderful - if that person was messed up enough to believe that.

Plenty probably think I'm awful, though, so there's a limit to how fun the poll would be for me.

Which is why it would be the ideal thing for you to set up
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#56

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,456

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 09:16
I think you are tolerable DArt.
Damian is offline

Damian

Sentinel

#57

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 12:26
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
I think you are tolerable DArt.
High praise from the spawn of Satan!

Except, of course, I believe it was spelled Damien - but still!
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#58

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,456

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 12:32
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Yeah, it's true - I do tend to bash the opinions of other people when I feel they're silly or unfair. I can see why that would rub them the wrong way.

But, given my nature of being an extremely sarcastic person - it's something I don't think I can ever really change. I do that IRL as well - probably even more so, but it's always done with a heavy dose of smiles and sarcasm - and again, I separate opinions from the people having them. IRL, people "get me" - so they understand that nothing about it is a serious insult - and that I insult myself as much as anyone else. I guess that doesn't register online.

In that same way, I think I'm capable of admitting to having a crap opinion or apologizing online more than most people. Simply because I don't take it to heart. I also don't go around padding myself on the back because I may be right about something.

Being right or wrong is so fucking trivial in my world. We're all right and wrong every single day of our lives. I just can't take it seriously - and I can't fret about people despising my opinions - just as long as it's not personal. If it's personal, then there's a misunderstanding somewhere. People can confuse opinions with the people having them - but they should remember that level of information can be completely random and incidental.
Humor doesnít really translate well to writing and like you said we're all right and wrong every single day of our lives, the idea or at least philosophy behind an online forum is to give people a place to discuses various ideas and topics, when you try to devalue an opinion rater then just pointing out why you disagree with it and what your own opinion on the matter is, you end

I donít believe you are a terrible person, I do believe however that you like to pretend you are a terrible person and there is nothing wrong with that, I like to pretend I am a terrible person to, when Iím playing an RPG its always what is the most evil choice I can make in this situation, sell the baby to a demon for 100g sure letís do it, however when I am communicating with real life people no matter if it is in face to face dialogue, talking on the phone or posting on an online forum that pretending ends.

Dartagnan isnít just a user name any more he is a person now, an alter ego you have developed to live out your fantasy of being the antihero that everyone loves to hate, Iím not saying there is anything wrong with that, we all like to rolepla or we would have signed up on this forum and hell there are even entire forums out there that are just devoted to posting as a roleplayed character.
It is my understanding however that the creators of this particular forum meant it to be a place where people could make topics about cRPG and expect other users to respond with their opinions and views in a manner that encouraged healthy discussions not bickering.

I know many people have different ideas of how ĒrealĒ a conversation is on any forum and maybe Iím just being old school but I do believe that if you are interested in having a constructive conversation you should apply the same tact and respect when making a post as you would have when having a face to face conversation.

Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Also, I happen to think a lot of people around here "bash" opinions - but they're more subtle and wishy-washy about it. It's like being polite (genuinely or not) is more important than being honest - and I don't agree.
Being polite and honest are not mutually exclusive, being honest come first of course, but if you put a little time into your posts being polite as well usually isnít that hard and that apply to everyone I seen far worse people then you on other forums.

Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
As for the politician thing, that's cute - but pretty far from the truth. I'm the anti-politician. Politicians are obligated to try and be popular - and I'm obligated to be blunt and honest no matter the reaction. I don't always succeed - but it's close.

So, call me anything you want - but that would be very inaccurate.[/
Really, where I come from(Denmark) politicians are far more interested in attacking their opponentís opinions and doing character assassination then the are in being popular, donít believe me just hit one of the online newspaper sites and read up on latest articles and headlines under politics.

Sure, itís not the same thing but given the nature of the topic I didnít think you would mind me trying to be cute, you started this topic after all.
Firestorm is offline

Firestorm

Firestorm's Avatar
exp Looter

#59

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 86

Default 

March 18th, 2013, 12:55
Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Joxer is much more annoying and Thrasher
You can't seriously lump Thrasher in with Joxer. Thrasher is an upstanding citizen. I smell the putid rot of a festering sore (aka Codex) in Joxer. Fess up Joxer! Your a Codexian! Even Dart is a pretender to a true Codexian. Show your colors and declare your true allegiance!

"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#60

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,231
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:17.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch