|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #9, Chris Avellone

Default Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #9, Chris Avellone

March 24th, 2013, 05:51
I like both story based and non-story. Most of the classic crpgs didn't have much story at all, a few lines of descriptive text and 90% of the actual "Story" was found in the manual.

Torment for me is probably one of the best story based crpgs ever - but there was certainly more than just the story aspect to it. I thought the variety of items and all the different locales were also responsible for it being such a good game.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

March 24th, 2013, 12:36
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
Torment for me is probably one of the best story based crpgs ever - but there was certainly more than just the story aspect to it. I thought the variety of items and all the different locales were also responsible for it being such a good game.
I didn't much like combat in PS:T definitively worst of Infinity engine games,I had some fun but at times felt more like chore.That might be because I don't really like second edition of D&D rules altho I liked both BG who's combat is miles ahead of PS:T but I never liked IWD that much because despite combat that is probably better than BG it doesn't have as good writing .Third edition is much better with Temple of elemental evil as brightest example imo.Also one thing that I didn't like much is that if you want to know full story(in game that is all about story) you need high intelligence,wisdom and somewhat charisma which makes mage only viable choice for playing.One of best writing if not the best in video games that made me replay it multiple times over the years but flawed game in nearly every other aspect.

Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I tried it when CK2 was new, was cool enough but decided to give it some more time. Maybe when I finish my current Byzantine Empire game I'll give it another go. (And I love the books/show, just wished the author finished them already)
If you tried it when it came out I think you will be pleasantly surprised with amount of tweaks and added features.You can see full changelog here.

Nameless one

Wizzard

March 25th, 2013, 11:58
This game is looking increasingly awesome. I'm actually seriously considering going up to a $130 tier, which feels like a crazy amount to spend on a game. If I'm ever going to go that high though it would be for this one.

Benedict

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #9, Chris Avellone