|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Kickstarter Launched

Default Original Sin - Kickstarter Launched

March 27th, 2013, 23:40
That $95 tier looks so very tempting… but been spending so much on Kickstarter.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 27th, 2013, 23:45
That $65 pledge sounds like a bargain to be honest. I'll be grabbing that one I think.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

March 28th, 2013, 00:03
Originally Posted by Brother None View Post
Turns out you guys are to blame for this going up earlier than planned. Watch, I am disappoint.
I wouldn't have if Swen would have mentioned the embargo. I have recordings of the session and it is not mentioned on those either.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 28th, 2013, 00:19
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
I'm seriously worried that I might not leave my house in 2014.
I'm retiring at the end of this year. Looks like just in time. I'll probably set my IPad so that I get up every 2 or 3 hours to do something different. But I really do have about 10 kickstarter projects coming to me within the next 18 months. And two of them are Wasteland and Shaddowrun . . . . . . . Not to mention any AAA projects that are going to be released.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

March 28th, 2013, 01:01
65 dollars, there you go

Yme

Sentinel

March 28th, 2013, 02:59
I love how the kickstarter page makes them sound like an American company. Larian Studios LLC, Sacremento, CA. Proud Europeans

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

March 28th, 2013, 03:27
AW HELL YES!

I'm in for $65 as well. GO GO LARIAN!

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

March 28th, 2013, 03:45
It is larian, it is divinity … And it is mine!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 28th, 2013, 04:46
I'm curious about the lowly requested amount. Seemed to me Larian are bigger than InExile (at least before the 2 KSs) and have more to show in the last decade than the likes of Lord British.Is it them responding to the Kickstarter fatigue, an adjustment due to the untimely Kickstarter launch or simply the reality formed by possibly lower needed dev budget in Belgium in comparison to the US (but then there's the USD/EUR thing)? I know it's safe to assume they are hoping for more than but it still appears unusual.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

March 28th, 2013, 05:12
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
I'm curious about the lowly requested amount. Seemed to me Larian are bigger than InExile (at least before the 2 KSs) and have more to show in the last decade than the likes of Lord British.Is it them responding to the Kickstarter fatigue, an adjustment due to the untimely Kickstarter launch or simply the reality formed by possibly lower needed dev budget in Belgium in comparison to the US (but then there's the USD/EUR thing)? I know it's safe to assume they are hoping for more than but it still appears unusual.
The game is already self funded. There just looking for more money to expand and make the game larger. It also acts as an advertisement for both there games in development.

A win for everyone. We can support and get both games at the same time. Larian gets publicity and added cash to make there game better.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 28th, 2013, 06:14
Originally Posted by turian View Post
i loved divine divinity, but i was very dissapointed from divinity 2.
I'm the exact opposite. It seems like I have to play action-RPGs with a perspective that's pretty close in. I didn't like the Diablo or Icewind Dale series, either.

Looks like this one has tactical, turn-based combat. That's… very tempting…

(Oh look, it's the spirit of Source! Funny, I somehow thought it would look like Gabe.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

March 28th, 2013, 08:08
If anything, I'm more excited about the editor than the game itself. It would be interesting to see if (or how long) someone will make a pausable real time mode, total conversions, or even if something new can come from it (in the vein of DoTA from WC3).

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

March 28th, 2013, 08:10
I pledged $40 1 for my friend.

Damian

Sentinel

March 28th, 2013, 08:39
The KS campaign looks pretty good, but one thing they don't really make clear is that when you are playing in single player mode you actually get to control 2 party members yourself. If I hadn't known that from previous coverage I might be thinking it was a single character RPG when not in multiplayer mode.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

March 28th, 2013, 10:42
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Whenever I back a kickstarter I always imagine a publisher being booted out the door. Brings warmth and love into my heart.
And don't you ever think about the myriad of excellent games that would never have seen the shelves without the endorsement from a publisher ?

Gloo

Sentinel

March 28th, 2013, 12:22
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
I'm seriously worried that I might not leave my house in 2014.
I think I may need to divorce my wife to create enough gaming time.

Benedict

SasqWatch

March 28th, 2013, 15:36
Anyone know if Larian is still going to offer the boardgame CE of Dragon Commander? If not, I might jump on the 65 dollar DC/D:OS bundle. If so, I might jump on the 25 dollar de facto pre order.

killias2

Sentinel

March 28th, 2013, 15:42
In at $65!

They're Belgian, they're awesome, what's not to love?

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

March 28th, 2013, 18:33
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
The KS campaign looks pretty good, but one thing they don't really make clear is that when you are playing in single player mode you actually get to control 2 party members yourself. If I hadn't known that from previous coverage I might be thinking it was a single character RPG when not in multiplayer mode.
This is something I have been aware of since I started following the game, but I do have a question about the character dialog dynamic in single-player mode. I like the idea that you can disagree with your teammate in multi-player and that stats will determine the outcome; and that the relationship changes between the characters based upon their interactions. However, I am curious as to how this is implemented in single player mode. Do you "role-play" both characters, and select the dialog options for each character? Knowing how I typically play (usually making decisions based on how I personally feel about each situation, at least on the first play), I just don't see the characters ever disagreeing with each other.

Or, alternatively, do you control both characters while role-playing one of them? In this case you would choose dialog for one character whereas the computer determines the personality of the other member of your party. If this is how the dynamic is set up, disagreements would arise and I would have to decide how to resolve them (conceding, compromising, or domineering). Maybe Myrthos could clear that up for me.

EDIT: Looks like I found my answer while looking at the Kickstarter comments. For those curious about this, you have the option to control both during dialog or to set one to automated where the computer will determine the reactions. I think you can probably set both characters to automated if you prefer a hands-off approach. Very impressive Larian.
Last edited by rossrjensen; March 28th, 2013 at 18:50.

rossrjensen

Keeper of the Watch

March 28th, 2013, 19:13
Just wanted to say I LOVE YOU LARIAN! So much INCLINE in this game. <3 <3 <3

Jaesun

Absolutely Fabulous

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Kickstarter Launched