|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #14, Chris Avellone & Screenshot

Default Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #14, Chris Avellone & Screenshot

April 4th, 2013, 00:37
Chris Avellone joins the design team and a nice screenshot to boot.
TL;DR: Chris Avellone, New Add-ons, Sagus Cliffs Screenshot, Tony Evans describes our vision for combat (video), our Vision Document.
Hi Forgotten Ones,
Yesterday was a fantastic day, with a surge of more than $100K and 1500 new backers (welcome!). We were thrilled at the positive response to both the Bloom screenshot and our in-engine technology test with it. We’ve posted a 1080 HD version of the video for you to check out.
In yesterday’s update, we announced our remaining Stretch Goals, which return to Torment many of our original ideas that we had evaluated to be too ambitious for our resources. But now they are within reach. We have just two days left to see how far we can get! We’ll be issuing a Call to Arms later today. Let’s show the world that the RPG renaissance continues to thrive!

More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

April 4th, 2013, 00:37
Some mysterious power drives the big rubber band that turns the big wheel to activate the force-field bridge.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

April 4th, 2013, 00:46
Love Colin's response.

Feel like offering a years supply of Red Bull to MCA.

What's on his plate now? South Park, Eternity, that Arcanum playthrough, Wasteland 2, and now doing (some?) writing for Torment?

Holy moley.

Bedwyr

Sentinel

April 4th, 2013, 01:54
Looking ever better. Glad I pledged.
Too bad April is so ripe with Kickstarters (this, SotA, Battle Worlds, Original Sin, couple smaller ones) - I wish I had the money to jonty some of the others to something physical, too.

Moorkh

little backer that could
RPGWatch Donor

April 4th, 2013, 02:55
If they really want to make their fans happy, they'll a) add that 200K, that they have been talking about, toward the final stretch goals, after this finishes, and b) keep on fundraising, after this closes, on other platforms, and on their page (through Paypal), to, again, reach those stretch goals. I don't know how others feel, but, once I see interesting stretch goals go unmet, it colors my excitement for a given game. That's the down side for building them up as an "ideal vision" of the game.

Santos

Ass-hat

April 4th, 2013, 04:30
That's a fantastic screenshot.

The difference between 3D systems and 2D systems is that in the latter, concept art is not diminished during implementation.

On a side note, best concept art I have seen is for Guild Wars 2.

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

April 4th, 2013, 16:02
Is that concept art or an actual screenshot? I assume it's the former, as it would be too good to be true to have such a great looking screenshot already.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 4th, 2013, 16:27
The update states it is a screenshot.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 4th, 2013, 16:50
Well yes, so I have no doubt it was actually made in their current engine, but early works are often beefed up or tweaked by an artist before publishing.

It would be very impressive if this was the real deal, as it looks fantastic.

Maylander

SasqWatch

April 4th, 2013, 23:40
That's absolutely beautiful!! Reminds me of Temple district in Athkatla!! LOVE!

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

April 5th, 2013, 02:01
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Is that concept art or an actual screenshot? I assume it's the former, as it would be too good to be true to have such a great looking screenshot already.
It is produced in-engine by the techniques we hope to use for the final game. It is a "mockup" in the sense that it's not a playable area and was polished up specifically as a tech test/showcase, but it is an in-engine screenshot.

EDIT: I guess this is obvious now with it running in-engine in the video, but still.
Last edited by Brother None; April 5th, 2013 at 02:16.

Brother None

SasqWatch

April 5th, 2013, 09:07
Originally Posted by Brother None View Post
It is produced in-engine by the techniques we hope to use for the final game. It is a "mockup" in the sense that it's not a playable area and was polished up specifically as a tech test/showcase, but it is an in-engine screenshot.

EDIT: I guess this is obvious now with it running in-engine in the video, but still.
Thank you for the clarification. Also, that new video is just plain sexy.

Maylander

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #14, Chris Avellone & Screenshot