|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 3: Titan Lords - Zero Punctuation Review

Default Risen 3: Titan Lords - Zero Punctuation Review

August 29th, 2014, 07:09
I found another hilarious NSFW video review from Zero Punctuation for Risen 3. Now if improper language, and satire are not to your liking please skip the video review.

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews the pirate RPG Risen 3: Titan Lords.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 29th, 2014, 07:09
legit - "its shit" )

borcanu

muist

August 29th, 2014, 07:26
What a waste of 5 minutes of my time. Another idiot who shouldn't be reviewing anything other than mainstream titles.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 29th, 2014, 07:29
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
What a waste of 5 minutes of my time. Another idiot who shouldn't be reviewing anything other than mainstream titles.
Well I mostly watch his videos just for the comedy I derive from his style.

It's not for everyone.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 29th, 2014, 10:44
I don't like his style either, but it is clearly more comedy and satire than an actual review.
And whether you like the game or not - it undeniably has a boatload of things that can be made fun of.

TheSHEEEP

Watcher

August 29th, 2014, 11:00
This actually made me want to play the game - wut?

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

August 29th, 2014, 11:18
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
This actually made me want to play the game - wut?
The game is really fun to play - Exploration and Gameworld design are top notch.
Lots of quests and secrets.
Story: You have to like the "Ruhrgebiet - I kick your ass" - tone to enjoy it

Witcher 2 like Combat is not bad, but neither tactical nor challenging and has too many really easy "filler" enemies. I died once in this game - after stepping on lava

PS:
To make things more interesting: Sell the captain's armor (DLC) immediately.
It is too good too early. And kills the fun to get new gear for half of the game.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken
Last edited by HiddenX; August 29th, 2014 at 14:03.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 29th, 2014, 13:56
The biggest shame in that review is that he says the islands are recycled from the first game. Kind of implies he never got to any of the good big islands where things open up.

Alistair

Sentinel

+1:

August 29th, 2014, 14:31
Just some parts of certain islands are recycled (Gnomes, Tacarigua, Antigua), but not fully. But what did they expect?
For example Antigua is pirates' hub, why would it be relocated somewhere else? And while similar, it's still different. For what's worth in R3 you can't lollygag on Antigua roofs. Also the huge part on north is missing but is replaced with "nuked" area.

TZP vids are always sarcastic, perhaps they just wanted to be sarcastic in this case as some reviewers and trolls insist on the recycling part which is maybe 2% of the whole landmass in the game.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 29th, 2014, 14:50
The other silly point is the one about rolling around… really? Big adventurous game and he spends how long on this?

Alistair

Sentinel

August 29th, 2014, 15:14
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
For what's worth in R3 you can't lollygag on Antigua roofs.
LIES!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile…/?id=300626739

Moriendor

Spielkind

August 29th, 2014, 16:31
Yea… Okay, I'm busted.
But still, that particular roof is still not recycled from R2. In R2 it was not burned down.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 29th, 2014, 17:25

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…do=showresults

If you only see Antigua and Tacarigua, you're not seeing much

Alistair

Sentinel

August 29th, 2014, 18:03
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
"What a waste of a minute of my time. Another idiot who shouldn't be reviewing comedic internet reviewers other than mainstream figures."

Seriously though, ZP is great, but always take his reviews with a pinch of salt. He, obviously, plays things up for comedy, and doesn't really try to deliver a fully functional review. He still tells his opinion, but not everything he focuses on his reviews is really worth commenting on.

And I love how you just assume that he must love "mainstream titles" if he criticized your pet RPG series. The dude basically makes his living on making fun of mainstream titles. If you name a mainstream series, I'm sure he's shit on it aggressively. He doesn't even review most modern FPSs anymore. Instead, he just dismisses them as "spunkgargleweewee".

But, yes, get very angry and critical based on assumptions that aren't even close to true.

killias2:
Steam is the only answer. It's convenient, it's easy to use, it's simple and fast. It's great.

killias2

Sentinel

August 29th, 2014, 19:26
I can't listen to that guy. He's an ass and was an ass before this particular review. But what do I know I'm just a Yankee.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

August 29th, 2014, 19:46
Didn't bother, i've listened to this moron before, i can neither stand his accent or his "reviews". He comes off as a person who's lost all his interest in gaming a long time ago, but he still won't let it go because it's all that he have, an angry loser with no life.

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

August 29th, 2014, 20:03
It was funny but not one of his better efforts. But he had a lot of good points and quite a few erroneous ones. I see him more as a comedian than a reviewer. And he always makes me laugh even when I totally disagree with him.

Note: I'm 80 hours into Risen 3 right now and loving it.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

August 29th, 2014, 21:56
Didn't read it, but what other game can you play with your dingy for hours and hours and nobody is offended?

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

August 29th, 2014, 21:56
Originally Posted by killias2 View Post
"What a waste of a minute of my time. Another idiot who shouldn't be reviewing comedic internet reviewers other than mainstream figures."

Seriously though, ZP is great, but always take his reviews with a pinch of salt. He, obviously, plays things up for comedy, and doesn't really try to deliver a fully functional review. He still tells his opinion, but not everything he focuses on his reviews is really worth commenting on.

And I love how you just assume that he must love "mainstream titles" if he criticized your pet RPG series. The dude basically makes his living on making fun of mainstream titles. If you name a mainstream series, I'm sure he's shit on it aggressively. He doesn't even review most modern FPSs anymore. Instead, he just dismisses them as "spunkgargleweewee".

But, yes, get very angry and critical based on assumptions that aren't even close to true.
I'm not sure if English is your native language, but nowhere in my post did I claim that he must love mainstream titles. To me, that makes you the idiot.

And no, he's not great. He sucks imo, and I've never found any of his reviews funny. It's boring drivel to me, but you're welcome to your opinion like I'm welcome to mine.

*Edit* I'm not sure why there was a double post. I replied from my cel phone and I guess it somehow got posted twice. Deleted the other post…
Last edited by JDR13; August 30th, 2014 at 04:31.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 29th, 2014, 22:53
I don't like ZP either. I can't stand watching them. They are pretty repulsive to me for some reason.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 3: Titan Lords - Zero Punctuation Review