|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underrail - Video Preview

Default Underrail - Video Preview

April 12th, 2013, 14:30
Pixabyte Video channnel on youtube has a 20 minute video preview of Underrail.Enjoy as the game gives me a classic Fallout feeling.
We take an early look at UnderRail, a turn-based isometric indie role playing game coming soon to PC.
More information.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 8,740

Default 

April 12th, 2013, 14:30
Skip the video. They have a playable alpha right now.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook
screeg is offline

screeg

screeg's Avatar
floating head

#2

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 834

Default 

April 12th, 2013, 14:51
Hmmm, is the alpha only available if the game is preordered?

Edit: Only alpha link I can find is for 0.4.1 which is 8 months old and also unavailable for some reason (server overloaded?).
Last edited by Dr. A; April 12th, 2013 at 15:31.
Dr. A is offline

Dr. A

Dr. A's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#3

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 801

Default 

April 12th, 2013, 15:35
Game looks great for an indie… Just bought it on GamersGate for 8 euro. Very good offer if you ask me - and you get Alpha access.

The UI could use some spice to be honest. I'm no artist - but I could make it look quite a bit better.

Other than that, though, it looks really solid.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#4

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 13,895

Default 

April 12th, 2013, 15:47
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Game looks great for an indie… Just bought it on GamersGate for 8 euro. Very good offer if you ask me - and you get Alpha access.

The UI could use some spice to be honest. I'm no artist - but I could make it look quite a bit better.

Other than that, though, it looks really solid.
Yeah the UI (some aspects of functionality like moving/trading and stacking large-quantity inventory items such as credits and the aesthetics) is probably my least favorite aspect of the game. I think the clunkyness of moving around and splitting stacks of items in trading is probably a bigger (still minor) annoyance for me than the overall design though. Hopefully it's feasible to use Kickstarter when it comes time to do an eventual sequel - being able to hire a broader staff with their own more specific specializations such as UI design would do wonders.

For what it is though and what it costs, I do have to agree that it is a remarkable deal and I have been having a lot of fun with it.
jhwisner is offline

jhwisner

SasqWatch

#5

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,510

Default 

April 14th, 2013, 00:18
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
Yeah the UI (some aspects of functionality like moving/trading and stacking large-quantity inventory items such as credits and the aesthetics) is probably my least favorite aspect of the game. I think the clunkyness of moving around and splitting stacks of items in trading is probably a bigger (still minor) annoyance for me than the overall design though. Hopefully it's feasible to use Kickstarter when it comes time to do an eventual sequel - being able to hire a broader staff with their own more specific specializations such as UI design would do wonders.

For what it is though and what it costs, I do have to agree that it is a remarkable deal and I have been having a lot of fun with it.
Hopefully I'll make enough money off of this game to do that without using Kickstater.
Styg is offline

Styg

Styg's Avatar
Watchdog

#6

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 104

Default 

April 14th, 2013, 07:08
Originally Posted by Styg View Post
Hopefully I'll make enough money off of this game to do that without using Kickstater.
That would be pretty cool. If you do end up getting that much money, just promise you won't go crazy and spend it all on a survivalist bunker in Australia.
jhwisner is offline

jhwisner

SasqWatch

#7

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,510
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underrail - Video Preview
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:05.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch