|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » MMO News Poll

View Poll Results - MMO News?

Yes 9 27.27%
No 13 39.39%
Specific 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Default MMO News Poll

April 16th, 2013, 01:19
OK, quite a few regulars here do play MMO's. The 3 which seem to be the most popular right now are DDO, LoTRO, and GW2. There's a few others on the horizon such as ES and NWN which many appear interested in. That being said, these game do get some coverage in various related forum threads. The bottom line as hinted at by Myrthos is that it can be quite time consuming posting MMO news and we don't want to burn out our few news posters.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

April 16th, 2013, 01:38
Be careful about a poll. Blizzard employees could stuff the e-ballot box.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

April 16th, 2013, 02:08
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Be careful about a poll. Blizzard employees could stuff the e-ballot box.
Don't give them any ideas. I can imagine they would do it to.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 16th, 2013, 09:38
Until we have easily accessible filter options for visitors in regards to news type (default: don't show MMO news?), I'm with Gorath and would stay out of MMO waters.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

April 16th, 2013, 10:13
We could create a single news thread for MMOs?

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

April 16th, 2013, 10:54
I'm fine with the occasional MMO newsbit, just as I am with the occasional news of general interest, or news about adventures or strategy games with a relationship to RPGs. The editors have generally shown a good feel for what is of general interest and what isn't. The focus should remain with the SP RPG genre.
(with that in mind I am choosing "specific")

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

April 16th, 2013, 16:02
There's a bit of a chicken-n-egg situation in play, but if you really want your answer, take a look at the traffic in our MMO forum. There's 1 thread going wild… that involves all of 3 people (safe to say more are reading, but it's still 3 folks doing the work). There's the occasional drop-in for Elder Scrolls and Guild Wars. There was a thread going for DDO that's run out of gas. And there are the MU spammers, whatever the hell MU is. If we had "critical mass" to support a genuine interest in MMO news, there'd be more traffic in the MMO forum. Without that baseline level of interest, adding coverage will be largely wasted effort.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

April 16th, 2013, 18:55
Just look at the number of people who took the poll. Only 20? Has this community shrunken that small, or do a lot of us not care?
Last edited by Thrasher; April 16th, 2013 at 20:50.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

April 16th, 2013, 20:46
I have absolutely no interest in MMOs, so naturally I don't read the news about them. I leave it to others and what you feel like keeping tabs on, though.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

April 16th, 2013, 22:08
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Just look at the number of people who took the poll. Only 20? Has this community shrunken that small, or do a lot of us not care?
We have quite a lot of visitors, but not that many participate on the forums. Most don't get beyond the front page. They are the silent majority

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 16th, 2013, 22:15
*Drunken Post incoming*

In theory MMOs could be the best thing for us nerds since sliced bread - but they just are not. Between Grinding and Pay to Win Mechanics the Roleplay in MMOs is AFAIK non existent.

I played a few Years WoW and while I can't stand what the Game slowly but surely became, I had some really great times with it - but that was because of great Roleplayers and not because of the Game - i.e. there was one Guy who tried to organize Adventures as a Dungeon Master, it was some kind of virtual LARPing (lots of emotes and talking), but I had fun He gave up after a few months though. There were some Roleplaying Events where I had the urge to strangle my fellow gamers, because this guys and gals just couldn't shut up and let the plot advance - Hell is other People

Well, one moment of greatness was the cross-community fair, where the german and the english community gathered for one fair:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_062109_173718.jpg (253.8 KB, 44 views)

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

germanic depressive

June 4th, 2013, 18:36
I'm not overly fond of the sudden resurgence of MMO news, and unless there's a way to filter or separate the feed, I vote to omit them.

abharsair

Grumpmaster
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » MMO News Poll