|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Metro: Last Light - Video Preview

Default Metro: Last Light - Video Preview

April 16th, 2013, 02:15
Well here is a new video preview for Metro First Light. I wanted to put it on the front page but alas it's not an RPG. I can't wait to play it.

Link-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFuFm_gIOc

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 17th, 2013, 13:23
I enjoyed Metro 2033, and this looks even better. I think I should upgrade my video card before I get this though.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 19th, 2013, 06:10
PC specs for Last Light > http://www.bluesnews.com/s/140913/me…specifications

As expected, this game is going to be brutal. NVIDIA GTX 580/660 Ti (or AMD equivalent e.g. 7870) or higher recommended.

On a side note, Nvidia just announced that they'll be bundling Last Light with GTX cards. - http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art…t-light-bundle

Looks like I'll be killing two birds with one stone.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 19th, 2013, 07:06
Maybe I'm overly hard to please but I don't see anything all-too intriguing. The graphics are pretty standard for a current-gen console cross-platform title, and the gameplay looks like it'll be as linear as the first game. The mention of different factions caught my eye, but I'll have to wait and see whether that amounts to anything besides a couple choices at the end of the game and little real consequence.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

April 19th, 2013, 07:51
If they provide the option to play with Russian sound and English subs as they did in the 1st game I'm certainly interested. Can't see how heavily accented English can add to the tremendous atmosphere.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

April 19th, 2013, 08:00
I thought Metro 2033 was better than the average shooter, and it was one of the few cross-platform titles in recent memory that really scaled upwards on a high-end PC. The PC version looked significantly better than the Xbox version if you had the horsepower to run it with all the bells and whistles.

I'm probably a little biased because I love a post-apocalyptic setting combined with a dark atmosphere.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 17th, 2013, 13:14
So, it's released.
Launch trailer.

Anyone have it yet? Opinions?

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

May 17th, 2013, 15:48
The reviews here in Germany are pretty clear: Last Light is a very good game with the same strengths and weaknesses as the first game. Strong atmosphere, great graphics (except face animations), etc.
Opinions on the new weapon upgrade system are mixed. Interesting for a time … but then the upgraded weapons lose their uniqueness.

The first Metro had a couple of absolutely stellar levels and it was an atmosphere monster. The quite diverse gameplay included some shoot 'em up elements I didn't really like though.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

May 17th, 2013, 23:09
I'll have it in a couple of days. I just ordered a new Nvidia card, and a copy of Last Light was included as part of a promotion.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 17th, 2013, 23:41
I really liked the first game as well but the reviews I've seen (here and here and especially right here) for Last Light are a very mixed bag. Actually mixed enough that it isn't a full price purchase for me. Unfortunately, I don't think that Deep Silver is nearly as sales-happy as the late THQ so it may be quite a while… which isn't a big deal since my backlog (especially of unplayed Steam titles) is still beyond ridiculous *sigh* .

Moriendor

Spielkind

May 18th, 2013, 05:21
I would be interested to know if the gameplay is like it's predecessor or if they've gone for a more open world theme like STALKER.

human_male

Math and girls is hard.

May 18th, 2013, 08:42
I've seen at least a couple of reviews where the linearity was a bullet point on the list of negatives so I don't think there's much hope for anyone expecting a S.T.A.L.K.E.R-esque experience.

Moriendor

Spielkind

May 20th, 2013, 13:27
I played Metro: Last Light yesterday for a few hours (didn't have more time, got through 6 of the first levels) and based on that, I can say it is not open world at all, but very much a "corridor shooter" with separate mission levels. You are pretty much on rails with some leeway on how to get through the level (sneak or gung ho, practically). However, despite that, I'm liking it quite a lot. It is very atmospheric and well done, IMO, and if you liked the previous Metro (I sure did), you should like this one as well. It is quite easy on Normal, though, so I recommend Hard difficulty (or Ranger mode if you've got it) for a better, more tense survival experience. Still too early to say much more.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23

May 21st, 2013, 14:35
Does it have coop on the ps3? Sorry for the "off" question, but I was looking for such a game.

FretRider

Watcher

May 21st, 2013, 17:39
Just heard of this today. Sounds like something I would like very much as I love post apocalyptic and prefer linear games. Looks like they already stopped making 2033 for xbox. I'd prefer to play the original one first.

Toff

Sentinel

May 26th, 2013, 12:20
Originally Posted by Lurking Grue View Post
I recommend Hard difficulty (or Ranger mode if you've got it) for a better, more tense survival experience.

Hilariously enough, the Ranger mode, which is being sold as a $5 DLC, can apparently be activated with a registry tweak.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=metro-…ry-tweak-35241

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Metro: Last Light - Video Preview