|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divine Divinity - Matt Plays Divine Divinity

Default Divine Divinity - Matt Plays Divine Divinity

April 22nd, 2013, 17:01
Matt Barton posted a new "Matt Chat" video about Divine Divinity. Enjoy the retrospective video, but be warned it 's over 30 minutes.

More information.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 22nd, 2013, 17:01
I generally enjoy Matt Chat. And this is a nice review of Divine Divinity. But I think Matt does a great disservice by stating at the very beginning that DD is in the same vein as Diablo.

I can picture many people hearing just that and clicking the close button, ignoring the rest of the review and chalking this game up to just another Diablo clone. While having some similarities to Diablo, it certainly is not a Diablo clone.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

April 22nd, 2013, 17:36
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I generally enjoy Matt Chat. And this is a nice review of Divine Divinity. But I think Matt does a great disservice by stating at the very beginning that DD is in the same vein as Diablo.

I can picture many people hearing just that and clicking the close button, ignoring the rest of the review and chalking this game up to just another Diablo clone. While having some similarities to Diablo, it certainly is not a Diablo clone.
I was thinking the same. I'm hoping not too many are turned off from DD after that mention, for I worry it's an improper label. It is to an extent, but hardly a clone, I would say.

Ragnaris

Watchdog

April 22nd, 2013, 17:46
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
But I think Matt does a great disservice by stating at the very beginning that DD is in the same vein as Diablo.
I concur to that !

Gloo

Sentinel

April 22nd, 2013, 22:55
Divine Divinity has a lot of differences from Diablo, but ultimately every action RPG gets painted with the same brush and are referred to as a Diablo clone at some point. It wasn't that many years ago that every FPS was labelled a Doom clone, even though many at the time were not all that similar to Doom.

I prefer the more generic term Action RPG than Diablo clone, but since Diablo is the most prominent of that particular game style, I can see why it happens.

Xian

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divine Divinity - Matt Plays Divine Divinity