|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of the Fallen - Releasing on PC and Next-gen Consoles

Default Lords of the Fallen - Releasing on PC and Next-gen Consoles

April 23rd, 2013, 03:40
Well if anyone remembers Thomas Gop's new RPG Eurogamer has a new article on Lords of the Fallen. Just remeber the article seems to be a rough translation.
Lords of the Fallen will be "a challenging game" - an RPG a bit like Dark Souls but for PC, PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox.

CI Games, the company behind Sniper: Ghost Warrior, is in charge, although it's a separate team doing the honours - most of the work is being done by experienced German studio Deck 13.

"It's a challenging game, action RPG, which means a lot of advanced combat," he explained. "When you walk through a location, and you have to fight 10 enemies, that takes around an hour.

"When you fight in Mortal Kombat, when you fight in Tekken, that's why it takes so long - Dark Souls is probably a strong reference as well. But we've done a lot of things differently. For example, we have a skill tree. I would call Borderlands here, because we're gonna have something like action skills in the game, so classes, stuff like this.

"I would say Dark Souls, I would say Borderlands in terms of the experience of developing your character."

Gop couldn't talk about the online features of Lords of the Fallen but said the team was looking at "some of the functionality that could be called online-ish". "It's definitely going to be primarily a single-player game," though.

Right now, the Lords of the Fallen team numbers around 40. There are 30 at Deck 13 in Germany, 10 at CI Games in Poland, but the team will grow now full production is under way.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; April 23rd, 2013 at 04:05.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 23rd, 2013, 03:41
It's like Dark Souls… and Mortal Kombat and Tekken… and Borderlands??

I wonder if it's like Jade Empire?

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

April 23rd, 2013, 04:06
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
It's like Dark Souls… and Mortal Kombat and Tekken… and Borderlands??

Well time will tell wont it. The quotes are taken straight from Eurogamer unedited from me.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 23rd, 2013, 09:02
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Jade Empire had a story. So no. It's like Diablo 3.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 23rd, 2013, 10:19
finally these big heads start cloning something great, dark souls. sure took them a while
all these shooters and action rpgs made me sick

(and now the new trend of Stealth.. bleah)

borcanu

muist

April 23rd, 2013, 13:25
definitely not a game for me (as long as 'challenge' involves repeating the last 30 minutes over and over every time you fail)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of the Fallen - Releasing on PC and Next-gen Consoles