|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » M&M Heroes VI Shades of Darkness - Should You Play?

Default M&M Heroes VI Shades of Darkness - Should You Play?

April 22nd, 2013, 10:54
Cramgaming released a video for M&M: Heroes VI that simply asks, "Should you play Might & Magic Heroes VI Shades of Darkness?".

A century after the tragic events of Might & Magic Heroes VI, that determined the heroic fate of a dynasty, Shades of Darkness recounts, in two original campaigns, pivotal moments in Ashan’s darker history that will define the future of a decadent underground people and decide the survival of the dying cult of the Spider Queen. Determine the fates of two legendary factions; the Dark Elves of Dungeon and the Necromancers of Necropolis.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 22nd, 2013, 10:55
im unimpressed, and I will completely ignore it till 50 reviews pop up
COnquistador is 5 times better.

-better setting
-better writing
-new mechanics

I hate games that put all their resources in fancy graphics.

borcanu

muist

April 22nd, 2013, 11:40
I actually liked Heroes 6, but I don't feel like returning to it just yet. I will probably do a replay when MMX is getting released to get back into the setting.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 22nd, 2013, 17:12
If the main version still requires one to be online to play, I sure wouldn't be buying this. When I hear that being online isn't necessary to play for full benefits, I might actually consider buying the thing.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

April 23rd, 2013, 01:07
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
If the main version still requires one to be online to play, I sure wouldn't be buying this. When I hear that being online isn't necessary to play for full benefits, I might actually consider buying the thing.

-Carn
I actually prefer playing offline without the 'online benefits', at least the epic weapons as they are too powerful and make the game too easy imho.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

April 23rd, 2013, 21:06
I was also considering buying this, but after I loaded up HMM6 again for a feel I noticed again how the online always thing is still broken (it randomly crashes when synchronizing savegames), and I got reminded how my friends and I jumped into the game to be utterly disappointed…

I can't recall a game in recent years other than this where I had a campaign-breaking bug that they refused to patch out for 4 months! I also refuse to accept that in co-op, while waiting for your partner's turn you can do nothing. Sure, the camera haphazardly follows his movements on the tac map, but you don't get to see his combat… You just sit there for minutes after minutes. No option to at least poke around in your kingdom overview off-turn, nothing. Very small amount of custom maps. Terrible, terrible disappointment.

I know that the addon was developed by another studio who corrected some of the mess left over by the original devs, but still they refuse to address all the above issues. So I dunno.

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » M&M Heroes VI Shades of Darkness - Should You Play?