|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Kickstarter Launched

Default Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Kickstarter Launched

April 24th, 2013, 13:32
Originally Posted by Zygo View Post
It would take an fantabulous pitch to get me to contribute given that it's basically a means for BitComposter to get risk free funding for another JA game, same as I wouldn't send a cheque to EA for $50 for a new Jade Empire game- though I might actually buy it once it's released.
What makes you think so? BitComposer gave the license, the studio paid for the license and is responsible for the funding. Is it so clear that bitComposer is actively involved at all? Why would bitComposer have any say if they've already got their money and take no risk on the rest?

The Kickstarter page says that bitComposer does not fund the game, and AFAIR this was the studio's choice.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

April 25th, 2013, 00:03
It's still BitComposer's property, and we know no details of what exactly their licencing entails. They are at this point effectively asking for a donation for a product which may end up selling at (r)etail with BC taking a cut off the top of every sale- they are not a charity, after all- which is risk free money/ funding for them. I don't 'hate' them or even hate the idea of publisher involvement absolutely (I'd certainly consider funding a BG3 from the right people, for example) but it is enough to make the bar for me contributing higher than it would be without BC involvement.

Zygo

Watchdog

April 25th, 2013, 12:39
New update to feed the forum.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Kickstarter Launched