|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - Preview from CGMagazine

Default Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - Preview from CGMagazine

April 27th, 2013, 02:48
CGMagazine has a preview of Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes.
Fallen Enchantress owes such a tremendous debt to Civilization that, regardless of its generally enjoyable gameplay, playing it begs the question of why it was created at all. The tweaks it introduces feel more like an obsessively detailed mod than an original game.

This is too bad because the RPG components that colour elements of the gameplay show that Stardock is capable of delivering something inventive when it strays from the series it appears so enamoured by. While not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes' obvious aping of a well-established franchise proves a detriment of its own sense of individuality.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; April 27th, 2013 at 03:40.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 27th, 2013, 02:48
Is this person aware that a whole genre "apes" Civilization? 4x? It's like.. not just a series. It's a whole genre there.

I mean.. seriously?

Edit: I can just imagine their next Call of Duty review. "This game apes Doom. It has a first person perspective -and- shooting!"

killias2:
Steam is the only answer. It's convenient, it's easy to use, it's simple and fast. It's great.

killias2

Sentinel

April 27th, 2013, 03:35
Originally Posted by killias2 View Post
Is this person aware that a whole genre "apes" Civilization? 4x? It's like.. not just a series. It's a whole genre there.

I mean.. seriously?

Edit: I can just imagine their next Call of Duty review. "This game apes Doom. It has a first person perspective -and- shooting!"
To me he sounds like an art snob trying to describe something he doesn't understand to the plebeians.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 27th, 2013, 10:01
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
To me he sounds like an art snob trying to describe something he doesn't understand to the plebeians.
That's what I think too ! I played a lot of Fallen enchantress and never felt like I was playing Civ. It plays much more like Age of wonders but even then with many differences. While comparing it to another gameplay, the author should've been more advised to choose Fall from heaven

Gloo

Sentinel

April 27th, 2013, 16:43
"[…]borrowed from the classic franchise's mechanics, visual style and even its user interface[…]"

Borrowed its visual style? This guy does not seem to know what he is talking about.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - Preview from CGMagazine