|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Grimrock 2 - Looking for Freelance Portrait Artist

Default Legend of Grimrock 2 - Looking for Freelance Portrait Artist

May 1st, 2013, 18:17
Almost Human has posted a new blog entry for of a new position on their team for a talented freelance artist to create new awesome character portraits for the upcoming Legend of Grimrock 2.

Ahoy ye freelancers! Almost Human is looking for talented freelance artist to create new awesome character portraits for the upcoming Legend of Grimrock 2.
More information.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 1st, 2013, 18:17
Aren't we all? Strange that this niche is so hard to fill.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

May 1st, 2013, 21:19
Wow, I could just not get into this game. It was basically a twitch puzzle game with very light role playing elements. You get like 1 skill point a level to play with and the rest of it is flipping levers, pushing buttons, and avoiding pits. If it goes outdoors and adds a massive amount of skills, then it might vaguely resemble an rpg over a puzzle game.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2013, 22:54
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Wow, I could just not get into this game. It was basically a twitch puzzle game with very light role playing elements. You get like 1 skill point a level to play with and the rest of it is flipping levers, pushing buttons, and avoiding pits. If it goes outdoors and adds a massive amount of skills, then it might vaguely resemble an rpg over a puzzle game.
I don't think it was meant to be a hardcore RPG. It was meant to be a modern take on old first person action-rpg dungeon crawls like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master. I'm glad they did too, because we haven't seen much activity in the niche in years. Arx Fatalis was the last one before Grimrock I can think of and that was 2002. If we further limit the search to tile-based movement, you have to go even further back to the mid 90s.
Last edited by TimtheTaxMan; May 2nd, 2013 at 00:27.

TimtheTaxMan

Watcher

May 2nd, 2013, 06:14
Yeah, think Stonekeep was the last. Here's hoping they actually hire a writer and actually have a story this time. It would be much better and was clearly their biggest void, even for the older style of dungeon crawler.

Funny thing is, I never rested and had no idea there was any symblance of a story. Sort of shocked and out of context to get a text message at near the end.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Grimrock 2 - Looking for Freelance Portrait Artist