|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing - IncGamers Preview

Default Van Helsing - IncGamers Preview

April 28th, 2013, 19:06
IncGamers has a preview for The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.
Van Helsing is a title that’s quite happy appropriating the successful parts of other aRPGs and mixing them up with a few ideas of its own.

Those ideas tend to lean in the direction of providing interesting distractions between the click-click-clicking, such as mid-map quests with varying outcomes. The aforementioned Professor Frog was happy to purchase old bone artifacts from me for historical purposes, but it was also possible to feed them to an ancient idol for some additional experience points. In another location, the decision to lead a confused ghost to the site of his hanging provoked an angry response (fair enough, really.)

These sub-quests boil down to simple dialogue tree choices or re-visiting certain areas of the map with newfound items, but NeoCore’s light, banter-tinged writing style, the developer’s flair for otherworldly encounters and the sometimes amusing over-pronunciation of words by voice actors for whom English may well be a second language keeps the diversions entertaining.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 28th, 2013, 19:06
Maybe coming round to this, I like the graphics style and it looks like they might have a bit more humor and plot than Torchlight. And with your ghost companion set to accumulate all the trash the inventory management might not be such a pain as in say POE.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

April 30th, 2013, 10:47
It is developed by the King Arthur studio. The quality is surprisingly good. Don't know if the graphics is outsourced or not though..

mercy

Sentinel

April 30th, 2013, 18:55
Well I'm always a sucker for a new Diablo clone so no doubt I will be picking this one up also.

Warmark

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing - IncGamers Preview