|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » "Ghost of a Tale"

Default "Ghost of a Tale"

April 4th, 2013, 18:13
Hello guys,

I thought I'd share this little bit of news with you. Well it's not so "new" anymore but I did try to use the form at the time and I'm not sure it worked. Two days ago I posted the first gameplay video of the game I'm working on, to coincide with the crowdfunding campaign launch. And I thought that if some of you got to watch the video and liked it, it might spark an interest in the project itself. It's a one-man project and it represents a lot of work in several different domains, as you can imagine.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOi04BRQI1k

And the campaign page: http://igg.me/at/ghost-of-a-tale

I hope you like the project!

seith

Traveler

April 4th, 2013, 18:16
Oh right, sorry about not getting back to you. I was planning to ask you if it has any of the magic word "RPG" in it?

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 4th, 2013, 19:26
No problem. It will play a lot like Gothic/Risen in its gameplay, but without too much emphasis on stat numbers. On the campaign page I describe it as an "action-adventure game with a hint of RPG" (which is the way I think of Gothic).

But it's no Baldur's Gate, no (which to me is the quintessential RPG).

seith

Traveler

April 5th, 2013, 14:05
Thanks for mentioning the game on the front page, Myrthos!

seith

Traveler

April 10th, 2013, 03:08
Just my opinion, but I honestly think this game would have a broader appeal with a human protagonist.

The visuals and animation look amazing though. Easily on par with most AAA titles.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 12th, 2013, 04:55
Your game certainly looks interesting. The visuals are top-notch and you present actual gameplay instead of mere promises. Also namedropping Gothic was always going to grab my attention.

Not quite sure why this isn't doing better. Maybe due to being on IndieGoGo rather than KS?

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

April 12th, 2013, 05:22
The game reminds me of some novels from my youth about a heroic mouse who saves the day. I congratulate you for making something different.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 22nd, 2013, 08:30
Hi guys, here's a new turntable video that shows the main character you'll play in-game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLazhXN8hs

seith

Traveler

April 24th, 2013, 17:10
An another one that gives a better look of one of the Undead Rats!

seith

Traveler

April 24th, 2013, 18:23
Looks interesting. Much depends on the actual gameplay of course, but this has potential. Here's hoping you get the funding you're aiming for.

Also, if you haven't checked these out yet, let me recommend these comic books to you (for inspiration and whatnot): http://www.mouseguard.net/books/.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23

May 1st, 2013, 09:50
Thanks! I'm aware of the "Mouse Guard" series but I haven't read it yet. There's another comics called "Mice Templar" I heard of that also deals with mice as main characters. I purposefully avoid reading those so as not to be influenced by them. But I guess that's a bit silly…

seith

Traveler

May 1st, 2013, 22:10
Just seeing the concept for this brings back child memories of Nimh. Good memories. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver

May 1st, 2013, 22:47
awesome. Sold!

I tend to like games that put you on a smaller scale than the general environment, for instance the game Faery: Legends of Avalon was not only cool because you were on a mini scale in comparison to the overall environment, but you could also fly around. Increasing the movement to the Z-axis really opens up the freedom of a game's discovery!

But back to mini-scale protagonists. Like it, cant wait to see how this one does

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

May 3rd, 2013, 23:38
It's a shame this campaign is only half way to its goal with ten days left.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

May 7th, 2013, 10:53
I was under the impression that campaigns at Indie GoGo would receive the money they raised even if they don't reach their funding goal, but after checking the campaign page of Ghost of a Tale, it clearly states the money will only be received if the funding goal is met. Huh. I could have sworn it was not like this before. Didn't the Grimoire (yeah, I know, bear with me) campaign fall short of its goal, but still receive the funds raised?

Well, be that as it may, let's hope the trends at IGG are similar to ones at Kickstarter where the last few days can easily be the most successful funding-wise, receiving 50% of the funding or more during those.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23

Tags
ghost of a tale
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » "Ghost of a Tale"