|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Update #13, JA Intro Video and Community Efforts

Default Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Update #13, JA Intro Video and Community Efforts

May 10th, 2013, 04:02
Full Control is back with the next upadate for Jagged Alliance: Flashback. The game is half funded with 13 days left.

Community Efforts

The community is hard at work and have several competitions and initiatives going to promote our campaign.
The success of the campaign will be determined by getting more backers. So every community driven effort counts. We are very happy about every little push you give.
BIG thanks from here!!!!
Steam
Steam Group
You can join the new steam group created by the community, in order to get a shot at receiving free steam key for the game once the game has been released, the more people in the group the more keys to give away!
Bearís Pit initiatives
Merc One-liner
"Write a Merc One-Liner and Win a $220 Pledge", sponsored by galf and open to all JA:F backers (and only backers). All you need to participate is a bit of inspiration and a screenshot of your pledge sent to gdalf's inbox. If you already pledged more than $220 you can always gift the goodie bag to a friend. Let's not make gdalf feel like his effort and money went unappreciated, ok?
BIG BAD BEAR meme
The "BIG BAD BEAR meme thread (with an occasional hamster snack)" creativity contest that we're running in order to provide social network memes for those who need to plug the game (or just have a laugh). Even FC tried their hand at this http://imgur.com/yJi4X3e

More information.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 10th, 2013, 04:02
If only they offered more frequent updates!

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

May 10th, 2013, 14:17
It's almost one update per day, not so bad.

Autoloot Games

Traveler

May 10th, 2013, 18:20
Yep, it's not the frequency but the content of the update which is lacking. (This one was fine though but I expected more as the video was announced long before).

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

May 10th, 2013, 19:40
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
If only they offered more frequent updates!
Sarcasm people !
Best humor there is.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

May 11th, 2013, 01:56
BitComposer publishes the lousy ''Back in Action'' and ditches turn based combat altogether.
Now they license Jagged Alliance to an obscure developer for a turn based game without funding the game?Have i got this right?
Either they have made a series of bad decisions or there is something fishy here,the way i see it.

Japol

Watcher

May 11th, 2013, 09:29
JA3 was not lousy. It was a step in the right direction, introducing a system that enables tactics. Contrary to the turn sequence "IGOUGO".
JA3 was lacking in the strategical department (as signaled when the game was released)
The whole strategical layer went missing.
This project Flashback will introduce the required strategical layer (which patch to JA2 tried to bring in) There will be counter attacks and an effort to retake lost positions.

Actually, if they had maintained the course and requested money to add a strategical layer to JA3, I'd be interested.

But here, it is stepping backward. Reintroducing a "UGOIGO" turn sequence is detrimental.

I have followed a number of tabletop games KS projects. Anytime the designer hints to get away from the "IGOUGO" sequence, he allures compliments and expectations.
While that turn sequence is quite natural to table top gaming and it is very hard to produce a consistent game system to go away from it.

Yet on computers, where that sequence is a waste of potential, players cheer up when it is maintained, reintroduced.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 11th, 2013, 12:26
For the whole discussion about turnbased vs realtime combat mechanics I refer to http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20156 as it doesn't make too much sense to repeat ourselves all over again.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

May 12th, 2013, 09:24
The argumentation is not to be repeated. The conclusion can be though: no tactics in "IGOUGO" turn sequence.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 12th, 2013, 17:30
Which is BS

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

May 12th, 2013, 17:36
Which is BS.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Jagged Alliance: Flashback - Update #13, JA Intro Video and Community Efforts