|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Matt Chat - Neal Halford Part 3, About Cavedog and Swords & Circuitry

Default Matt Chat - Neal Halford Part 3, About Cavedog and Swords & Circuitry

May 13th, 2013, 19:50
Apparently Matt Barton had a really long talk with Neal Halford as we are already at part 3 of his interview with him. This time the main topics are the demise of Cavedog and Neal's book Swords and Circuitry.

Related to this is that unfortunately for Neal Halford, his Kickstarter for the Thief of Dreams book he is writing has failed.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 13th, 2013, 19:50
"Related to this is that unfortunately for Neal Halford, his Kickstarter for the Thief of Dreams book he is writing has failed."

I always feel bad for failing projects, except this time. I was offended that he wanted to charge $20 for an ebook (not to mention one that did not yet exist). I have always thought of Kickstarter as offering a trade, of sorts: you give me the chance to reach my vision, and I share the finished work at a reasonable price (in recognition of the risk you took). He got greedy.

Santos

Ass-hat

May 13th, 2013, 20:08
Nod, I remember looking at his Kickstarter and thinking, "this is a really really bad idea." I'm not surprised at all that it failed.

-Carn

Carnifex

Keeper of the Watch

May 13th, 2013, 21:00
Is it safe to assume that Mr Hallford won't take to Kickstarter again in the future? Guido was wiser.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Matt Chat - Neal Halford Part 3, About Cavedog and Swords & Circuitry