|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadow of the Eternals - Now on Kickstarter Also

Default Shadow of the Eternals - Now on Kickstarter Also

May 15th, 2013, 01:51
A Kickstarter campaign is now live for Shadow of the Eternals in addition to the campaign being run directly on the games website.

It was reported that the game was not using Kickstarter because developer Precursor Games is based in Canada. That has now changed. So just to recap here is what the game is all about:
Darkness Has Returned

When Detective Paul Becker is called to one of the bloodiest gang massacres in Louisiana state history, only two survivors remain from a brutal conflict between two rival cults. As Becker begins his interrogations of the suspects, their combined recollections will uncover the truth about the ‘Eternals’.

Shadow of the Eternals is a psychological horror game made by the creators of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Reqiuem, a spiritual successor to the cult classic. Featuring an ensemble cast of heroes and villains, Shadow of the Eternals will span over 2500 years of history throughout Egypt, England, Hungary, and the United States. Players will question the perception of reality as they try to balance the mechanics of combat, magick, and sanity events to progress through the adventure.

Shadow of the Eternals will take players on a memorable journey throughout time; weaving historical fact with disturbing fiction to create an experience unlike any other
More information.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 15th, 2013, 01:51
This looks plain awsome. The only thing I hate in gameplay vid is snail/turtle slow walking. It's so slow it's not real.

No matter. I'm in!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 15th, 2013, 04:57
By all accounts not an RPG and more Action/Adventure. Still not sure if I want to donate but looks impressive.

I also find the Kickstarter better but I thought having it at $1.35MM was a questionable idea since they have 2 going. Maybe there are loopholes to get the money with 2 crowdsourcing going and if the ks one does not meet the final goal.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

May 15th, 2013, 09:40
Looks great, looks fantastic, looks like a game I would play but the 1.3 mil kickstarter goal looks like a pipe dream.

This appears to be an ad more than a legit kickstarter project.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

May 15th, 2013, 17:06
It does look interesting but monthly episodes? How this is supposed to work? Call me jaded but it looks to me like somebody deided to release a string of DLCs rather than a game?

zahratustra

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2013, 21:15
Looks good. Tho not very dark, for all their "darkness" buzz words.

Cacheperl

Sentinel

May 16th, 2013, 13:00
Noticed this from a Kicktraq link: http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013…-the-eternals/ not that this game looks likely to meet it's goal, in any case.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

May 16th, 2013, 13:20
The arguments put forth in that article are rather questionable themselves. Specifically they make a big deal about this being a canadian studio - however there have been many such cases - you just need a legal representative acting on your behalf in the US.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadow of the Eternals - Now on Kickstarter Also