|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Here is an example why iPad can handle complex PC games

Default Here is an example why iPad can handle complex PC games

May 16th, 2013, 07:58
Just look at this demo of Frozen Synapse and how easily games can trqnslate from PC to iPad if ported and developed well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwOIvFDlHUU
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013…en-synapse-pc/

And you guys dont think civilization 5 or even the real dawn of discovery? Or even total war is possible?

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

May 16th, 2013, 08:37
I don't see any RPG content in your post - why are you posting this in General RPG?
Yeah, we get it - you like iPads - will you shut the hell up now?

Reporting for off-topic spamming.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

May 16th, 2013, 11:10
Dude, enough propaganda for the Evil Cult of Steve already. Go hang out with the hipsters at the Apple store if you need to get your Apple-lovin' on.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

May 16th, 2013, 11:25
Fine. Then tell every developer on this world : "Hey, you don't need to develop for the PC anymore ! Just stop it and turn towards other devoces !"

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 16th, 2013, 14:04
Frozen synapse is not a complex game… Well, it is tactically complex, but the core game is really simple.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

May 16th, 2013, 14:15
I bet it would do even better in an Android tablet

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

May 16th, 2013, 14:17
You ask as if you had doubts? That's so unlike you

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

May 16th, 2013, 21:17
Sorry not there yet come back in maybe 20 years. The tech can meet the demand but it's just not optimal. Kudos on another Troll post though.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 16th, 2013, 21:31
Question to the Mods: Why haven't you banned AppleIntimidation? What does he really add to the conversation here besides endless "iPads are so awesome!" posts, frequently having nothing to do with RPGs, just general iPad gaming. Shouldn't this be considered spam and trolling? He is either an employee of Apple or paid by them to promote their products and convert us PC-centric heathens to the one true way of Apple.

I'm usually pretty tolerant, but he's the one poster on here I find truly annoying.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

May 16th, 2013, 21:55
I see our friend got carded.

@Myrkrel- once a user gets past their "honeymoon" posts, they've got to screw up really badly to get banned. After all, if being generally irritating was grounds for a ban, I would have been shitcanned years ago. Our little friend is annoying, spam-ish and a purveyor of "low value" contributions, but he isn't technically breaking any rules.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 16th, 2013, 22:27
We do have an ignore function for such cases. Anyway he only posts in a few places. However, this thread should probably be moved to General non-RPG or off-topic.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

May 16th, 2013, 22:32
I'm pretty sure he has a mental condition, so we should try to just let him be. But, as GBG said, the ignore function is probably the best option for some people.

Korplem

Shipwreck

May 16th, 2013, 22:41
This apple dude is amusing, tbh. It makes me wanna create an account called oranges or maybe banana.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 16th, 2013, 23:05
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
@Myrkrel- once a user gets past their "honeymoon" posts, they've got to screw up really badly to get banned. After all, if being generally irritating was grounds for a ban, I would have been shitcanned years ago. Our little friend is annoying, spam-ish and a purveyor of "low value" contributions, but he isn't technically breaking any rules.
Ok fair enough, thanks for explaining.

I didn't see the Ignore function til now - that does help some. Thanks!

Myrkrel

Sentinel

May 17th, 2013, 01:05
I gave him an infraction notice and a warning about his posts. If they continue then he gets referred to a higher power!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

May 17th, 2013, 01:49
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I gave him an infraction notice and a warning about his posts. If they continue then he gets referred to a higher power!!
Excellent! Thanks Corwin!

Myrkrel

Sentinel

May 18th, 2013, 11:31
Well someone on the rpg thread about iphone games started talking about other genres and said it cant handle civ 5 and other complex titles so this shows otherwise. Also, I just found out the iPad literally has a team fortress 2 game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xOV6sjhVhY

Its not bad at all and the contls arent terrible. The visuals are almost as good as the real tf2. You cant say this about any other portable. He vita doesnt even have a tood online competitive fps because call or duty apparently failed.
Last edited by AppleIntimidation; May 18th, 2013 at 19:48.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

May 18th, 2013, 12:08
Not to sound like jerk but I'm pretty sure we're all thankful for not having the possibility to record and upload our video commentary back when our voices sounded like *that*.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

May 18th, 2013, 16:49
I am having trouble with iphone and ipad games. It seems my hands arent warm enough for games to register properly or something. Because i have no problems on resistive screens. but capacitative screens i have a lot of difficulty with. I press like 15 times on the iphone for it to register.

Damian

Sentinel

May 18th, 2013, 19:30
I dare to say iPad can't come even close to The Witcher 2 complexity.
Not only it can't but it never will. By the time the techonology makes it possible, iPads will cease to exist.

This thread should go to "troll" section, if we had one on RPG watch.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Here is an example why iPad can handle complex PC games