|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls Online - Gathering and Exploration

Default Elder Scrolls Online - Gathering and Exploration

May 17th, 2013, 05:47
A new Elder Scrolls Online video has been released featuring creative director Paul Sage describing how players will find useful. The Elder Scrolls Online is expected to launch this year and will be playable at Gamescom in August.
loading…

Creative Director Paul Sage describes what you'll find as you explore every corner of Tamriel. For more information about The Elder Scrolls Online, visit our website: http://elderscrollsonline.com
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 17th, 2013, 05:47
Hmm, nothing that really stands out but it does look promising.

Any news on the pricing model? Free-to-play, buy game and free forever or subscription-based?

If it's the latter, hopefully they have a very compelling reason(s) for players to shell out money on a monthly basis.

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

May 17th, 2013, 06:32
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
Hmm, nothing that really stands out but it does look promising.

Any news on the pricing model? Free-to-play, buy game and free forever or subscription-based?

If it's the latter, hopefully they have a very compelling reason(s) for players to shell out money on a monthly basis.
Bethesda has been silent when it comes to answers on subscription or F2P. The most you get is it hasn't been decided.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 17th, 2013, 06:46
That actually looked non-horrible.

johnnysd

Watcher

May 17th, 2013, 12:01
Looks pretty cool. As for the pricing model, I'm going to guess that it's free to play with a micro-transaction cash shop and an optional subscription. That seems to be the trend in MMOs currently.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

May 17th, 2013, 12:53
Finally an MMO I'm interessed in. Elder Scrolls games has always been like an MMO simulation in my opinion. It just doesn't work as single player, but in multi player it is an entirely different thing!

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

May 17th, 2013, 13:06
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Finally an MMO I'm interessed in. Elder Scrolls games has always been like an MMO simulation in my opinion. It just doesn't work as single player, but in multi player it is an entirely different thing!
Hmm, my opinion would be exactly the opposite. I am intersted because of the similarities to the single player TES series, but dread that the MMO elements will spoil it for me. But we shall see. To each their own I guess.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

May 17th, 2013, 14:06
And for a third opinion, I enjoy both single player and multi player games so I will give this a try. TES series has been one of my favorite.

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

May 17th, 2013, 14:19
I still think the whole exploration thing won't work for me. When I explore in a single player game, I get immersed thinking "wow, looks like this place has been abandoned for a hundred years!" but how can I get that feeling when Ninja1999 is running around the same place, Gand3lf is jumping over a rock, a naked dark elf is dancing macarena at the entrance of the dungeon, and a chinese gold seller is spamming the channel …

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

May 17th, 2013, 14:24
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Looks pretty cool. As for the pricing model, I'm going to guess that it's free to play with a micro-transaction cash shop and an optional subscription. That seems to be the trend in MMOs currently.
Make it buy-to-play with micro-transactions or optional sub. This game have been in production for 7 years, Zenimax probably want his investment back as soon as possible.

Also, I've been hearing/reading good thing about the devs right now. Yeah, they don't post lots of information and stuff, but apparently they do listen to player's feedbacks and make adjustment to the game based on them.

I'm actually quite interested in ESO personally, but then I play a lot of online games.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

May 17th, 2013, 14:37
Chests hidden in secret locations is huge. I wish more MMOs did that.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

May 17th, 2013, 16:41
Chests usually get exploited real bad in MMOs. SWTOR had issues with bots showing up right in front of them, looted them and disappeared…

Although, I guess that if they are all locked, ZOS just have to make the lockpicking mini-game hard to macro. Which mean no unlock spell…

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

May 17th, 2013, 21:19
Chests hidden in secret locations is huge. I wish more MMOs did that.
china farm bots farm them for gold.

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

May 17th, 2013, 22:27
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I still think the whole exploration thing won't work for me. When I explore in a single player game, I get immersed thinking "wow, looks like this place has been abandoned for a hundred years!" but how can I get that feeling when Ninja1999 is running around the same place, Gand3lf is jumping over a rock, a naked dark elf is dancing macarena at the entrance of the dungeon, and a chinese gold seller is spamming the channel
I'm going to guess Elder Scrolls will attract a similar base as LOTRO, so I doubt the players are going to ruin it for you. Pretty damn funny comments though!

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

May 17th, 2013, 22:54
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I'm going to guess Elder Scrolls will attract a similar base as LOTRO, so I doubt the players are going to ruin it for you. Pretty damn funny comments though!
All true but he is right. I would love the option to make all other players invisible though. Would save me many headaches in MMO's.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 17th, 2013, 22:58
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
Hmm, my opinion would be exactly the opposite. I am intersted because of the similarities to the single player TES series, but dread that the MMO elements will spoil it for me. But we shall see. To each their own I guess.
Me too, not an mmo fan so not sure I will play this…

Saxon1974

Sentinel

May 18th, 2013, 01:10
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
All true but he is right. I would love the option to make all other players invisible though. Would save me many headaches in MMO's.
Is it really that much of an issue seeing other people in the game world? I think it makes the place less lonely.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

May 18th, 2013, 01:19
Is it really that much of an issue seeing other people in the game world? I think it makes the place less lonely.
It all comes down to prefence Fluent. I don't mind a few people but when a server is full there are to many people in quest areas. In my experience they get in the way, and always steal my loot.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 18th, 2013, 01:45
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I still think the whole exploration thing won't work for me. When I explore in a single player game, I get immersed thinking "wow, looks like this place has been abandoned for a hundred years!" but how can I get that feeling when Ninja1999 is running around the same place, Gand3lf is jumping over a rock, a naked dark elf is dancing macarena at the entrance of the dungeon, and a chinese gold seller is spamming the channel …
This is my problem with all MMOs. I really don't want to play with anyone else, for this reason. I want people to stay out of my game. LOL

Every once in awhile I'll find one that interests me enough to try and overcome this. AO, DAoC, SWG, Old Republic… But they always end in disappointment.

ChaosTheory

Sentinel

May 18th, 2013, 06:10
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It all comes down to prefence Fluent. I don't mind a few people but when a server is full there are to many people in quest areas. In my experience they get in the way, and always steal my loot.
Well, nobody is going to steal your loot in Elder Scrolls Online, all drops are instanced by player.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls Online - Gathering and Exploration