|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Just saw new ending of Mass Effect 3

Default Just saw new ending of Mass Effect 3

September 1st, 2012, 03:37
…and I still think it was awesome as far as entertainment goes… sorry.

It will be a long time before another quality product like the Mass Effect series will be produced. And I feel sad that it ended.

Well, on to the Leviathan DLC, I guess. I care nothing for the "but the Spehard saga is over *cry*" complaints.

P.S. Yes. Mass Effect 3 still.

P.P.S. I do like the sound track…. hm sci-fi meets 80's.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 1st, 2012, 11:32
Congratulations?

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

September 1st, 2012, 13:04
Good for you? No one is stopping you from liking ME3. I just hate it.

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

September 1st, 2012, 14:28
Really are you still writing about this crap. Isn't this the third topic you created about how you love the ending. Give it a rest already.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 1st, 2012, 21:55
Um… I still haven't seen the "enhanced" endidng… And since I can't be arsed to reinstall ME3, and on youtube I usually just check if malufenix added some new covers… I'll probably never see the Bioware's "masterpiece" ending.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

September 1st, 2012, 22:33
Well, to be fair, there are a ton more "hate" posts here and across the Internet. The revamped ending probably didn't add much for those that already liked the ending (concept stayed the same) and may have helped clarify some people's problems, but those that didn't like the concept still wouldn't like the new ending.

Me, I thought it was pretty good, even the refusal ending (which may have actually been the most appropriate).

rossrjensen

Sentinel

September 2nd, 2012, 15:47
Originally Posted by rossrjensen View Post
The revamped ending probably didn't add much for those that already liked the ending (concept stayed the same) and may have helped clarify some people's problems, but those that didn't like the concept still wouldn't like the new ending.
Concept aside, I think that the major difference between extended and original ending is the tone, which is the main reason why I consider the extended ending quite vastly superior compared to the original.

In the original final dialogue, Shepard took somewhat resignedly pretty much everything at face value and there was way too little info about the choices, which made the sacrifice hollow. Moreover, the fate of Normandy was unclear and the destruction of relays effectively felt like a destruction of the setting.
The extended cut allows for more player agency in the dialogue, with high enough EMS relays are not completely destroyed, the fate of Normandy is clarified, the memorial scene adds a sorta acknowledgment of Shepardīs sacrifice and the epilogue voiceovers are generally quite uplifting. These changes altogether result in the ending that feels tonally a lot more in spirit of the series. I still think the synthesis ending is ridiculous, but the other ones are just fine in my book.

With the extended cut in place, for me the only major issue that remains is the fact that thereīs way too little of war assets shown in action which also goes hand in hand with the final stages being designed as largely non-reactive. Ideally, the "ending run" would play out similarly to ME2īs suicide mission, but some additional cutscenes or help on the battlefield would be also good improvements I think.
There are also some weird decisions like geth fleet being shown only if quarians were wiped out (if peace was achieved only the quarian fleet is shown), similarly to this, in the base camp thereīs a possible dialogue with a geth prime, but if peace was brokered he isnīt there, and if genophage cure was sabotaged and krogans didnīt find out, thereīs still no salarian rallying speech shown in the camp (it only appears if the cure was sabotaged and krogans came to know about it, aka Wrex was alive).
Also, all the Citadel defence assets gathering feels moot, since nothing about the fate of its inhabitants is shown.

All in all though, thanks to the shift in tone, I think that with the extended cut the ending is ok overall.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

May 23rd, 2013, 14:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caAqFFhBn2U

Shepard might not have died. If this is true it must be one of the best endings in gaming nay media history.

Damian

Sentinel

May 24th, 2013, 11:35
Congratulation for the success.

ratedshot

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Just saw new ending of Mass Effect 3