Blackguards - Preview @ Gamestar

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamestar has penned down a preview of Daedelic's first RPG named Blackguards. The interview is in German, so for those who are challenged when it comes to the German language, you can try this somewhat mediocre translation.
From the conclusion:
I like my role playing story-heavy and my combat turn-based. Insofar BlackGuards meets exactly my taste. In particular, the lovely designed and enormously varied battlefields. Finally also a turn-based game requires me to include the environment as part of my tactics. I'm still a bit skeptic though whether Daedalic can maintain this variety and this pace throughout the entire game or that the majority of battles will just result in 'kill all enemies'. If Daedalic will get this done right and can also provide the usual story quality, Blackgaurds could turn into a surprise hit of the year.
More information.

Sounds very hard core DSA from the description. Have they got any track record in RPGs, as it looks like a first effort. Definitely one to watch, could be excellent. Release date is Q3 I think, which is quite soon!

As far as I know they did adventure games up to now, so I believe this to be their first RPG.

Example of an inextricable character screen and bad icon design, where I can't see what goes where, what skill is what.

Nice graphics everywhere. The visual representation of the world is good, characters are detailed. Only has big problems with the GUI. Looks superb otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoNfk9-SD0

Mmmh... they try to outdo themselves with the 'dark' elements, but then they only go for rather 'cutesy' felonies in their files. Very recognizably TDE :p

looking good.
love the perspective.. ala disciples

Cool. Not sure I like the hexagonal grid though, but if it's vital to the complexity of the combat I could live with it.

Is it likely to have an English version and general release?

Back
Top Bottom