|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Interview @ ePressDeck

Default Age of Decadence - Interview @ ePressDeck

May 21st, 2013, 18:43
An interview about Age of Decadence with Iron Tower's Vince D. Weller can be found at ePressDeck, which answers amongst others the question what a CRPG is.
EPressDesk: On your website your game, Age of Decadence, is described as a CRPG style game. Can you tell me a little bit about what that means and what sort of games you can compare it to?
Iron Tower: The way I see it, role-playing games are about using your characterís skills, abilities, and knowledge (as opposed to your own) and being able to make decisions fitting your character (as opposed to following a linear storyline with little or no input).
Basically, a true role-playing game is *your* adventure set within a flexible story arc that supports different decisions and offers different paths and outcomes. You decide what to do and how to do it, and your actions affect the story and alter your options, creating a different experience with each replay.
I donít think I can compare it to anything because itís sort of a Ďone of a kindí game now. Iím not sure if itís good Ė in fact, I suspect that itís not Ė but whatís done is done. So, if you feel like playing something different tonight, download the demo (283 MB) and see for yourself.
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 21st, 2013, 18:43
I disagree* with Vince's definition of CRPG. Discuss.

*not really

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

May 21st, 2013, 19:27
Iím not sure if itís good Ė in fact, I suspect that itís not Ė but whatís done is done.

Great marketing.

As for another discussion on what is RPG, I have enough of a big headache from the post above this one. Too subjective and not even useful. You got my vote Dart.

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

May 21st, 2013, 19:45
Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Great marketing.

As for another discussion on what is RPG, I have enough of a big headache from the post above this one. Too subjective and not even useful. You got my vote Dart.
It'll earn him more players to seem honest (even if he's not being honest) than just saying "this gmae is teh coolzorz", because most people look at screenshots of games to see if they are worth buying or not. So, figures.

Wendigo Design, by Tiago SŠ

Morbus

Watchdog

Send a message via MSN to Morbus

May 21st, 2013, 21:34
It looks quite brown, so definitely scores as a western RPG on that point.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

May 21st, 2013, 21:43
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
I disagree* with Vince's definition of CRPG. Discuss.

*not really
OMG - not again!

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

May 21st, 2013, 22:08
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
OMG - not again!
Well I agree to disagree on his definition. Lets make this like the other topic on the much debated "What is an RPG" again.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 21st, 2013, 22:17
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well I agree to disagree on his definition. Lets make this like the other topic on the much debated "What is an RPG" again.
Yes, the last one was most entertaining

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

May 21st, 2013, 23:07
I donít think I can compare it to anything because itís sort of a Ďone of a kindí game now. Iím not sure if itís good Ė in fact, I suspect that itís not Ė but whatís done is done.

Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Great marketing.

I read that more as "its a bad thing in today's market to be a one of a kind game" as opposed to "the game itself sucks"

xenocide

Watcher

May 21st, 2013, 23:50
Fucking hell. The definition of "RPG" has changed at least 12 times since he started work on this game. He needs to shut up about what an RPG is and get back to work.

CraigCWB

Sentinel

May 22nd, 2013, 07:18
This game is the embodiment of RPG for me. I hate them for not going kickstarter and making a trend, but perhaps it will happen.

borcanu

muist

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Interview @ ePressDeck