|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Baldur's Gate Reloaded RELEASED!!

Default Baldur's Gate Reloaded RELEASED!!

June 5th, 2013, 18:52
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Have they created custom art for this ?
Yes, GG. In the last few weeks alone, there have been Facebook updates with Flaming Fist armor and "Wanted: Dead or Alive" signs.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

June 5th, 2013, 18:54
Originally Posted by AppleIntimidation View Post
But its 3d and nit isometric and ral instead or pre rndered backgrounds. Thats like saying ff X has an inferior engine to 7.
But my screen is bigger than yours. And my fingers even fit my keyboard.

PetrusOctavianus

Retro Gamer

June 5th, 2013, 18:57
Damm I just realize how badly I wrote that sentence. Typing on an iPad keyboard sucks sometimes.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

June 5th, 2013, 19:26
It's humongous! Quite the accomplishment indeed.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

June 5th, 2013, 19:28
I'm genuinely a bit awestruck by this. I just finished playing the extended edition a couple of months back, but this mod is such a work of love I'd feel guilty if I didn't take it for a spin… will have to download tonight!

Pongo

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor

June 5th, 2013, 19:47
Haven't had a chance to look at it, but curious if they implemented any of the restrictions that most people disable (XP cap, party alignment issues, etc.)

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

June 5th, 2013, 19:49
Did AI just say something on an iPad sucked, I about feel out of my chair.

What was wrong with the NWN2 engine? I remember the camera being a bit wonky but I don't remember having any glaring problems.

Anyway, I really wish I had time to play this but I'm already so far behind with games I want to play I don't think I'll ever catch up.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 6th, 2013, 01:21
I remember reading about this project but never imagined to see this finished one day. nice

gandalf.nho

Huntress

June 6th, 2013, 01:54
Awesome! They even used my favorite Minsc line at the end!

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 9th, 2013, 04:25
Now all we need is a Ps:T port…

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

June 9th, 2013, 04:30
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Now all we need is a Ps:T port…
Someone started one that was based on the stetting but they never finished it.

Here-http://www.rdsplanescape.com/

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

June 9th, 2013, 21:31
Okay, I started messing with this last night. Installed the game without a hitch and loaded it up. It takes quite a little while to load the first time, but that was expected. I had some texture glitches in some of the faces, but there were plenty others to choose from.

I rolled an Aasimar Favored Soul, and am playing with the hardcore D&D rules turned on. I normally play a lower difficulty, but I wanted to see how tough the game is, as it's meant to be played.

Candlekeep feels just like it did in BG, but it is much quicker to walk around in than in the original game. You'll get most of the same quests, outside of the one where you practice with party members. You'll also find a crafting supplies shop, in a nod to the newer game engine. I have not yet found a single essence in the three maps that I've walked around in.

After the cutscene with Gorion, the game goes to a totally black screen. Saving the game, while everything is black, and then exiting and reloading fixes the problem. There are several small fights with gibberlings and xvarts, just like in the original. However, I haven't found a single item that was hidden in the scenery of BG, they're all missing. This includes a certain ring just outside the Friendly Arm Inn, that is a pretty vital piece of equipment. Also, the dev decided to take the Ogre away from the 3rd map and replaced it with
Spoiler

The lack of the outdoor goodies really kills the enjoyment of exploration for me. So far, all containers have had the same items they had in the original game. Not sure if the dev will add those items in at a later date.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 9th, 2013, 21:44
I know that certain npc's won't show up until later in the storyline - perhaps something similar is done for items? This is purely conjecture.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

June 9th, 2013, 22:00
Well, these items are all in the game at the beginning in the original. I don't really care, as long as he replaces these good items with other items of equal quality. If he doesn't, then it takes it down a notch. I posted about it on his facebook page, so we'll see if maybe I just missed them….

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 10th, 2013, 00:22
Well, it is to be expected, that such a huge mod isn't bug free at release - right now there can be a mean bug when the companions want to complain about something… they walk to the main-character, initiate dialogue and say their standard-text when you talk to them while they are in the group… unfortunately that happens around once in a minute Nothing else to do but to dismiss the would-be nagger

They are also using an old version of Kaedrin's Class-Pack, so a lot of file-juggling is needed, every time I want to start another mod or game. Also they don't use Tony K's AI Enhancement, wich makes the party a bit harder to control

After I had to dismiss my tank, I started to use some files from my old override, like the feather of multi-classing, the deck of trumps and Tony K's KI Pack; so far it works, with minor giltches in the behavior tab.

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

Proto-Nerd

June 10th, 2013, 00:50
I'm glad that someone who really likes Baldur's Gate is playing this. I just played a little while to get a feel for it, but I'm not a big BG fan. It was great in its day, but many games surpass it in all ways, including NWN2, imnsho.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 10th, 2013, 08:27
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I'm glad that someone who really likes Baldur's Gate is playing this. I just played a little while to get a feel for it, but I'm not a big BG fan. It was great in its day, but many games surpass it in all ways, including NWN2, imnsho.
Very few games have surpassed Baldur's Gate imo, but to each his own.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 10th, 2013, 09:34
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Yes, GG. In the last few weeks alone, there have been Facebook updates with Flaming Fist armor and "Wanted: Dead or Alive" signs.
From the credits it looks to me like they've used some mods, but not created that much content….

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

June 10th, 2013, 14:28
Do they have voice acting for this?

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

June 10th, 2013, 16:30
They use the original Baldur's Gate Soundfiles.

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

Proto-Nerd

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Baldur's Gate Reloaded RELEASED!!