|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: The Fall - A Spin-off for iPad And iPhone

Default Deus Ex: The Fall - A Spin-off for iPad And iPhone

June 6th, 2013, 01:43
Well surprise I guess. Deus Ex: The Fall will be a spin-off for iPad And iPhone instead of consoles and pc. I'm disappointed but it's still worth a look.

Deus Ex: The Fall - Coming soon on mobile and tablet devices.

We are back in 2027 — a golden era for science, technology and human augmentation, but also a time of great social divide and global conspiracy. Ben Saxon, a former British SAS Mercenary who underwent physical augmentation, is desperate for the truth behind the drug conspiracy. Betrayed by his private military employers, the Tyrants, not only is his own life at risk, but for all augmented humans, time is running out.
MCV also has a response from Square Enix Europe's Marketing Director Jon Brooke.
"This isn't about tablets vs next gen," he said. "We're a big publisher, so you know we'll be showing next gen gaming at E3 next week.
"We're as serious about next gen as we are about tablet gaming."
"As a publisher, we believe all platforms present opportunities and if you create the right content, we believe we can have success.
"It's not just about next gen for us: it's about PC gaming, tablets, browsers. Wherever there is an audience, it's about creating great content that's suited to their needs."
Brooke added that mobile users have been fed too many "watered down and light versions" of cosnole games, promising that Deus Ex: The Fall will be a true HD experience like Human Revolution.
"I don't think many companies understand what you can do with these platforms," he said.
"We're trying to showcase what the platform can do by building a game from the ground up."
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

June 6th, 2013, 01:43
Bleh.. not what I wanted to hear.

Caidh

Watchdog

June 6th, 2013, 06:00
Yuck…..and the mighty fall, with a huge messy splat.

-Carn

Carnifex

Keeper of the Watch

June 6th, 2013, 06:07
Ewwwwww. Not even for Android? Stuck on Apple devices only? Weak and lame. What a massive disappointment.

regomar

Watcher

June 6th, 2013, 08:49
Originally Posted by regomar View Post
Ewwwwww. Not even for Android? Stuck on Apple devices only? Weak and lame. What a massive disappointment.
Indeed, apple is a no go.
Child labored and overpriced.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

June 6th, 2013, 12:35
Not just apple is child labored or overpriced.
But unlike others, apple is overrated.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 6th, 2013, 18:59
Another nice sounding game has suddenly become absolutely uninteresting.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

June 7th, 2013, 02:39
Originally Posted by regomar View Post
Avoids fragmentations and caters to people who pay money for games? That is smart and sound business 101.

Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
Indeed, apple is a no go.
Child labored and overpriced.
If you don't realize that nearly every Android device is made in similar factories … well, perhaps you should visit reality.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 7th, 2013, 07:37
A lot of massive hate for the Apple. which is understandable. However this is my take from the article.

They see a huge audience out there with smart phones and tablets and they want to tap that . . . So instead of making an Angry Birds clone, or a mini-trans MMO, they're going with what they know, Deus Ex. If Square Enix said they were doing the former, I wouldn't be interested - But now I am.

I hope more hardcore game developers jump on the tablet bandwagon and we start getting more serious games. Computer gaming will always be number one for me, but I'm guessing in the very near future tablet games are going to be as good as console games and I would take the portability of a tablet over a console any day.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

June 7th, 2013, 17:50
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
Computer gaming will always be number one for me, but I'm guessing in the very near future tablet games are going to be as good as console games and I would take the portability of a tablet over a console any day.
Both tablet and console platforms take away from PC. This game is the worst example of this yet. We've been complaining about it for years with consoles (until their tech caught up close enough to PC), and now possibly several more years with tablets.

"We're trying to showcase what the platform can do by building a game from the ground up."

But why THIS game?

Of course it's fitting - the worst PC port was the consolized Deus Ex: Invisible War. They're just keeping with tradition.

mbuddha

Watchdog

June 8th, 2013, 00:59
Originally Posted by mbuddha View Post
Both tablet and console platforms take away from PC. This game is the worst example of this yet. We've been complaining about it for years with consoles (until their tech caught up close enough to PC), and now possibly several more years with tablets.
Alternative forms of game play no longer frighten me. It used to scare the heck out of me as I watched the PC gaming space in Brick and Mortars shrink to almost nothing. But I'm at peace with it now and thanks to Kickstarter and game suppliers like Steam providing an outlet for indies, I still see a long pipeline for my favorite type of games. CRPGs.

And I look forward to the day when "AAA" games come out concurrently on tablet and PC with the ability to play on both simultaneously. How great would that be if I could have played Skyrim at home and link it to my Ipad(any tablet) and get in a couple rounds at work and then link back to my PC and continue playing at home.

I'm not going to fight the future, I'm going to embrace it and prod it along in my preferred direction.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: The Fall - A Spin-off for iPad And iPhone