|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - In 20 Minutes

Default Dark Souls II - In 20 Minutes

June 3rd, 2014, 14:40
To continue the previous story on having a backlog. If you have Dark Souls II still in that backlog, here is a way to finish the game in about 20 minutes.

More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 3rd, 2014, 14:40
Damn, to abuse clipping like that? Someone has spent WAY to much time with this game just to be able to finish it in 20 mins…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

June 3rd, 2014, 15:57
Still waiting for this to be modded and fixed for good.

mercy

Sentinel

June 3rd, 2014, 16:13
How does anyone even figure out how to abuse clipping like that? This guy's spiritual ancestor was able to play Pac Man for twelve hours on one quarter.

Ovenall

SasqWatch

June 3rd, 2014, 17:29
Took me a 100 hours to beat it and looking at a walk through it seems I missed a bit of stuff.

@mercy, what are you waiting for them to fix. It wasn't perfect but I had no trouble playing it.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 3rd, 2014, 18:32
Some lameass will always find a way to cheat, then cheers himself silly while sitting in the glory of his mother's basement. Winning, at it's finest.

Carnifex

Keeper of the Watch

June 3rd, 2014, 18:38
That was awesome. I love to see that game broken and abused like that. DS II just got killed, eat that From.

I got killed way too much in this game. There was some catharsis in seeing it whooped in 20 minutes in underwear with a giant beatdown stick.

Edit: For the record, that was hardly cheating. That was taking a game that taunts you on its cover and putting it over your knee, and giving it the treatment it deserves. Prepare to kill me? Why don't you not tie in-game speed to POV, fix your borders, and put in some logic checks for game obstacles? Then that naked guy with an enormous phallic club won't be whooping your hardest game around during his lunch break.

Implementation and QA just got taken to school.
Last edited by Burress; June 3rd, 2014 at 18:57.

Burress

Watchdog

June 3rd, 2014, 19:57
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Some lameass will always find a way to cheat, then cheers himself silly while sitting in the glory of his mother's basement. Winning, at it's finest.
Burress is right. It wasn't cheating. Guy got to know this game inside and out and decided to bitch slap it.
Last edited by zahratustra; June 3rd, 2014 at 20:09.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

June 3rd, 2014, 20:24
Granted, the amount of planning, practice, and detail this run requires is mind-boggling, I prefer speed runs where they don't use glitches, only skill. And here he uses glitches almost exclusively.

Plus I've never been a fan of such meta-gaming. Skipping all content of a content heavy game is good for laughs but at the end of the day it is content I want to play for. But that may only be me.

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

June 3rd, 2014, 21:34
I don't think anyone could endure watching a speed run of this game without someone gaming the game. The requisite fragrant branch of yore and that giant soul door behind it would make it just a marathon playthrough.

One of the best speedruns I saw was a 6 minute Morrowind run that used the jump scrolls in the beginning of the game to hurdle themselves in to Red Mountain.

I think it is neat to take the gloves off and say you can't hack the game (cause then it is boring), but don't hold back either, and see what people can do.

Burress

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - In 20 Minutes