|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Gameplay Footage

Default Witcher 3 - Gameplay Footage

June 11th, 2013, 00:55
Too much crap on one's servers will do that.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

June 11th, 2013, 00:55
They went viral (for no reason right?) so it's not unusual.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 11th, 2013, 01:10
I better start saving some orens for a new rig and witcher 3

Dez

Watcher of The Keep

June 11th, 2013, 02:35
yep will be upgrading my PC for this, 60fps/1080p/max details necessary.
Getting CE and GOG versions both

Paul

Watchdog

June 11th, 2013, 13:03
Am I the only one who felt there was way too much actual video and not enough footage from the game? Don't get me wrong, what little footage I've seen looks great, but some guy in a video telling me this game will be the greatest thing since hamburgers doesn't really do it for me. I've been Molyneux'd too many times for that.

That being said, if every game currently estimated as a 2014 release actually releases on time, it will end up being one of the best years for RPGs we've seen. Maybe even the very best, as there's a ton of good games coming.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 11th, 2013, 13:27
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Am I the only one who felt there was way too much actual video and not enough footage from the game?
No, you're not. Pretty pictures and bold talk is all we see here. I like CD Projekt as a company, but there was plenty of unfulfilled hype with The Witcher 2, if you all who are biting so hard on this promotional line might want to try hard to recall. Not saying TW2 was a bad game, but I wasn't so impressed by it. I like open worlds, and a big deal was made pre-release about how TW2 would be an open world, which didn't really prove to be the case. They also hyped player choices having a big impact on the world, etc., which wasn't quite as revolutionary as suggested.

As I said, i like CD Projekt, and I'm sure i'll get this game. But I wouldn't be so quick to drink the Kool Aid.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

June 11th, 2013, 13:28
Even if they only deliver half of what they promise, I'll still be a very happy gamer .

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel

June 11th, 2013, 13:38
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
No, you're not. Pretty pictures and bold talk is all we see here. I like CD Projekt as a company, but there was plenty of unfulfilled hype with The Witcher 2, if you all who are biting so hard on this promotional line might want to try hard to recall. Not saying TW2 was a bad game, but I wasn't so impressed by it. I like open worlds, and a big deal was made pre-release about how TW2 would be an open world, which didn't really prove to be the case. They also hyped player choices having a big impact on the world, etc., which wasn't quite as revolutionary as suggested.

As I said, i like CD Projekt, and I'm sure i'll get this game. But I wouldn't be so quick to drink the Kool Aid.
Indeed. Never follow pre-release hype - makes for happier gaming

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

June 11th, 2013, 13:40
Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
Even if they only deliver half of what they promise, I'll still be a very happy gamer .
Amen to that. I haven't been disappointed by any of their games yet.

"Whenever there is a news emergency the CouchPotato will be ready."

RPGWatch
News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

The Super Potato
RPGWatch Team

June 11th, 2013, 14:01
They are working to deliver their objective: telling a story. Everything in the video is conceived to create that movie feeling. The in game footage is carefully shot with the right angle to deliver that feeling of watching a movie etc
Another game that turns you in a viewer rather than a player as storytelling and the means associated to it takes so much place over game mechanics.

Combat at moment reminded me of Space Harrier, when those wyverns, I think, come out of the background moving toward you. A bit of rail shooter there.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

June 11th, 2013, 19:08
It is a pity this is the last game in the series.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

June 11th, 2013, 19:26
Looks pretty damn sweet.
Anybody know where that second vid is shot? That's some breathtaking scenery…

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

June 11th, 2013, 20:34
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
No it's not a joke the first comment always breaks the format and videos. It's never been fixed. It's a bug in the forum apparently.

Let me fix the post here but the second video works fine on the main page.
I should maybe have been more specific. The video worked fine for me. But the content is ridiculous.

Cacheperl

Sentinel

June 12th, 2013, 01:33
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
They are working to deliver their objective: telling a story. Everything in the video is conceived to create that movie feeling. The in game footage is carefully shot with the right angle to deliver that feeling of watching a movie etc
Another game that turns you in a viewer rather than a player as storytelling and the means associated to it takes so much place over game mechanics.

Combat at moment reminded me of Space Harrier, when those wyverns, I think, come out of the background moving toward you. A bit of rail shooter there.
Yeah, but thats abit of the point of a RPG. Story should be one of the main focus points. It does not feel like you have played TW2 considering how you are judging their games from a movie perspective. This is no where close to a "Final Fantasy"-game. But hey, if you dislike good RPGs then this website probably arent for you.

JTTH

SasqWatch

June 12th, 2013, 01:53
Originally Posted by JTTH View Post
Yeah, but thats abit of the point of a RPG. Story should be one of the main focus points. It does not feel like you have played TW2 considering how you are judging their games from a movie perspective. This is no where close to a "Final Fantasy"-game. But hey, if you dislike good RPGs then this website probably arent for you.
No ChienAboyeur believes that story can't be done in video games, and claims research proved this. Others have tried to argue this but he sticks with his agenda.

"Whenever there is a news emergency the CouchPotato will be ready."

RPGWatch
News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

The Super Potato
RPGWatch Team

June 12th, 2013, 06:37
Bust out the Fisstech!

Utmost

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Gameplay Footage