|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut Will be Released on 360, PS3, and PC

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut Will be Released on 360, PS3, and PC

June 12th, 2013, 07:40
According to GameSpot the Director's Cut version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be heading to platforms other than the Wii U. That's right, the game is now appearing on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac platforms. So everything basically.
Square Enix has confirmed to GameSpot that the upcoming Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be coming to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC alongside the previously announced Wii U version.

Eidos Montreal's Jean Francois Dugas revealed that the Director's Cut was going multiplatform on GameSpot's E3 2013 Live Show.

No additional information was given, nor did Square Enix confirm whether the Director's Cut would be released separately as DLC for current owners of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution includes the Tong's Rescue mission and Missing Link downloadable content, alongside "overhauled" boss battles, "redefined" game balance and combat, "improved" artificial intelligence, and updated graphics.
More information.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 10,093

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 07:40
Updated graphics?

I thought it looked nice.

Wouldn't mind more options in the boss battles though, my only complaint for an otherwise great game.

C
Crilloan is offline

Crilloan

Sentinel

#2

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: WGS84 Latitud:59.85 Longitud:17.65
Posts: 363

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 07:49
Great news!

I've been wanting to replay this - and I never played the DLC. Should be the perfect chance to relive a truly wonderful modern AAA game.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#3

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,801

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 09:09
Havent played this yet even if I have bought 3 copies of it. Hope this will be available as DLC for existing owners, as I don't want to buy a 4th copy
Yme is offline

Yme

Yme's Avatar
Sentinel

#4

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ginnungagap
Posts: 381

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 09:59
Originally Posted by Yme View Post
Hope this will be available as DLC for existing owners
I hope so as well. Otherwise, it's a pretty obvious cash grab.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 18,011

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 10:13
I'd say it's an obvious cash-grab almost no matter what.

But it's a good one
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#6

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,801

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 10:18
I don't think they intended to release it again for every system but if I recall there financial earnings and forecast wasn't good. So this is in a sense a cash grab to remedy the problem,

A welcome one though.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#7

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 10,093

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 11:47
You all agree that it is of course a cash grap for few graphical tweeks and few minutes of added gameplay, and yet you say a 'welcome one'? Some people have money to throw away .
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#8

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,382

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 11:59
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
You all agree that it is of course a cash grap for few graphical tweeks and few minutes of added gameplay, and yet you say a 'welcome one'? Some people have money to throw away .
Yes, it's a fantastic game.

They've integrated the DLC into the main game - instead of having it separate and without continuity for character development.

Beyond that, they've fixed bosses - which was one of the biggest issues with the game.

We don't actually know how they plan to release it - but unless it's expensive, I'd say it's a very welcome change.

The actual cash-grab isn't welcome - but the game is so good I don't mind paying for it twice. I'd pay for it ten times if it meant getting more Deus Ex.

That said, I think it should have been a free patch - or a very inexpensive DLC package.

But we all know that's unlikely to be the case.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#9

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,801

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 12:10
It will be a welcome addition for me when its free, as I already paid for the Augmented Edition and missing link expansion.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#10

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,382

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 12:26
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
It will be a welcome addition for me when its free, as I already paid for the Augmented Edition and missing link expansion.
Isn't it wonderful that you're free to buy what you consider worth your money, then?
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#11

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,801

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 12:37
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Isn't it wonderful that you're free to buy what you consider worth your money, then?
Only once and within reason (bought the augmented edition and the DLC at a discounted price), according to my sensible logic. Worth is subjective and if one is not careful, it is driven by emotions rather than logic and a little patience.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#12

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,382

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 12:52
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
Only once and within reason (bought the augmented edition and the DLC at a discounted price), according to my sensible logic. Worth is subjective and if one is not careful, it is driven by emotions rather than logic and a little patience.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

It seems as if you're hinting that I can't accurately estimate my own enjoyment - and that I should use "logic" instead of my emotional response to this product?

That makes little sense to me.

Enjoyment is very much about emotions - and my logic is that since I don't give a shit about money (as long as I have it, anyway) - but I really love Deus Ex - I'd be willing to pay for a better version so long as it's not excessive.

If it's too expensive, I'll simply pirate it.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#13

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,801

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 13:05
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Enjoyment is very much about emotions - and my logic is that since I don't give a shit about money (as long as I have it, anyway) - but I really love Deus Ex - I'd be willing to pay for a better version so long as it's not excessive.
I was not hinting, I was simply saying that I don't like to waste money by buying a product twice for whatever reason - that is my principle. Your response above reflects the opposite of that - that is your logic and opinion.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#14

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,382

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 13:12
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
I was not hinting, I was simply saying that I don't like to waste money by buying a product twice for whatever reason - that is my principle. Your response above reflects the opposite of that - that is your logic and opinion.
It's not the same product - it's an enhanced product.

When I buy a game - I don't look at it as a future investment. I look at it as a game that's not necessarily going to improve - except for bug fixes. I can't expect them to work on enhancing it for free.

So if it's working as marketed and intended, I have no reason to complain.

If they spend time and resources to improve the game - and offer the enhanced product for a reasonable amount of money, I think that's perfectly fair.

I wouldn't buy the exact same game twice - except if I felt sure my money would end up supporting the actual developers, which is quite rare.

However, that's not a principle. Principles are rigid and they hold you back - so I try to avoid having them.

But to each his own
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#15

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,801

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 13:34
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
But to each his own
Indeed.

Anyway, CD ProjeKt RED released the enhanced edition for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 at no cost, which is understandable from their relative successes and continuing to support their products and customers (particularly Witcher 1 and before GoG). Deux Ex: HR I think did even better and could easily release DLCs/enhancements for free if they want to, but I am sure they will not. Both single player games, but two different business models.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#16

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,382

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 13:37
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
Indeed.

Anyway, CD ProjeKt RED released the enhanced edition for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 at no cost, which is understandable from their relative successes and continuing to support their products and customers (particularly Witcher 1 and before GoG). Deux Ex: HR I think did even better and could easily release DLCs/enhancements for free if they want to, but I am sure they will not. Both single player games, but two different business models.
Sure - and I've praised CDPR for their efforts.

But I'm not the sort of person who thinks that because one company does things like that - everyone is obligated to do it.

Again, we have no idea how they'll release this for Deus Ex - and I think it's a bit soon for sweeping judgments.

In any case, I don't think the actual developers have much of a say - and they're really the only ones I care about.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#17

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14,801

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 13:38
First and foremost:
Square Enix -> a bunch of idiots who search for a cash cow in the wrong place.
No? How else to explain their ignoring the potential of Fullmetal Alchemist.

DX:HR director's cut where bossfights were outsourced… Um… What?
Do we really need it? I don't think so. The game is great as it is and didn't get GOTY only because it was released the same year when TW2 and Skyrim got out.
I simply won't buy this "enhanced" version just as I don't care for their DX for smartphones.

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#18

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,178

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 13:51
I would buy this as dlc but if its only released as a full game then I'll have to wait for a very cheap steam sale.

Also need to hear more about all these new features, how much improved is AI? How are boss fights different? And so on.
sakichop is offline

sakichop

SasqWatch

#19

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,253

Default 

June 12th, 2013, 17:20
I bought it on sale from Steam several months ago and just tried playing it last week for the first time. I have to say… "meh". I'm still on the first mission, trying to play full-stealth, and it just isn't all that impressive to me. I think part of it is that there's virtually zero character development, as I'm supposed to know/care who this guy is from the original I played like 10 years ago.

Does it get better after the first mission (hostage rescue)?
ChaosTheory is offline

ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory's Avatar
Sentinel

#20

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 529
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut Will be Released on 360, PS3, and PC
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:07.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch