|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - News Catchup

Default Age of Decadence - News Catchup

June 27th, 2007, 02:15
Much as I'd rather play it sooner than later, the decision to take the time to polish the game is a wise one - and good art design can definitely increase the enjoyment of a game. It's not like there are any sales to lose by delaying it - this isn't a cutting-edge graphical extravaganza that needs to be released before the rest of the market catches up and every little improvement might mean another player who decides to stick with it rather than giving up because they think it's ugly, or they don't like the interface or whatever.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 27th, 2007, 05:02
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Much as I'd rather play it sooner than later, the decision to take the time to polish the game is a wise one - and good art design can definitely increase the enjoyment of a game. It's not like there are any sales to lose by delaying it - this isn't a cutting-edge graphical extravaganza that needs to be released before the rest of the market catches up and every little improvement might mean another player who decides to stick with it rather than giving up because they think it's ugly, or they don't like the interface or whatever.
I agree. I've been looking forward to AoD pretty much since the game was announced and if Iron Tower want to take more time to refine the art assets and direction, that can only be a good thing. Indie games are at a huge disadvantage, unfortunately, and exactly as Dhruin points out, if an improved look can keep someone with it to get to the heart of what makes the gameplay and design philosophy great, all the better.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

June 27th, 2007, 05:11
Definitely, whenever you mention Indie RPG's, the usual first comment is about their 'crap' graphics. Anything done to improve that will help them sell.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

June 29th, 2007, 07:05
New screenshot of an elevator was posted on the AoD board:

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?i…3183116wv9.jpg

I think it looks really, really good. The game should hopefully appeal to those who think the Spiderweb games have too primitive graphics.

Jora

June 29th, 2007, 16:10
Nice detail and textures.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

June 29th, 2007, 16:13
Wow, is that under the new art asset direction? It's definately a nice shot, the textures and detail are surprisingly intricate for an indie game. Can't wait to see the rest of the AoD world!

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - News Catchup