|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sword of the Stars - MindGames Expansion Announced

Default Sword of the Stars - MindGames Expansion Announced

June 25th, 2013, 05:52
An expansion to Sword of the Stars: The Pit, named MindGames will be available next week as we learn from this press release.

MindGames Expansion Coming July 1 to Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Mind over monsters! Kerberos to release “The Pit: MindGames” expansion

Kerberos Productions are pleased to announce the upcoming release of the first expansion to their acclaimed role-playing game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames. MindGames will launch July 1st, 2013 on Steam and other fine digital retailers everywhere.

The Pit: MindGames expands the fun, fast, light-hearted roguelike RPG of Sword of the Stars: The Pit with new playable characters, new monsters, new levels, new weapons and items, and – best of all – psionic powers for you to unleash as you dive ever deeper into The Pit. Incorporating even more of the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp modern gameplay with a playful art style and accessible gameplay that are suitable to a wide audience.

“The Pit—with its random elements and permadeath—is justified in its boast of replayability…” – PC Gamer

“Has that same feeling of ‘okay, just one more run’ that both Binding of Isaac or FTL: Faster Than Light have…” – Destructoid

“Sword of the Stars: The Pit is an absolute must-play for gamers that want a new spin on an old genre.” - Indie Game HQ

FEATURES

• 2 New playable characters; the Human Psion and the Tarka Ranger – the first playable alien character!
  • 10 New floors of ancient, evil science add to the challenge!
  • New room types, including wide, multi-level biospheres!
  • New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes!
  • New game mechanics, including 28 Psionic Powers!
  • New Psionic enemies to fight, drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
  • 2 New Play Modes; “Infinite Mode” as well as “Seriously? Mode”, for those players that find “Insane Mode” isn’t insane enough!
  • Expanded meta-game aspects, including the ability to “bank” XP and spare items from one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, using your “banked” equipment.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 25th, 2013, 05:52
According to steam achievements, 0,1% players found Insane not Insane enough while playing with marine class…

domein

SasqWatch

June 25th, 2013, 09:01
Coincidently, I purchased SotS: The Pit from GOG yesterday.

I like it. I've never been real big on roguelikes, but The Pit has an addictive quality about it. I've only played 2 sessions so far, and I want to keep firing it up despite being in the middle of several other games right now.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sword of the Stars - MindGames Expansion Announced