|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » DS2 - Broken World - Review @ Game Apex

Default DS2 - Broken World - Review @ Game Apex

June 26th, 2007, 19:16
A blast from the past with Game Apex reviewing Dungeon Siege II: Broken World. The score is 7/10 and here's a snip:
All in all, the gameplay in Broken World is more of the same from the standalone game. This isn't bad thing, as the gameplay was excellent to begin with. While there could have been more gameplay updates and a more customizable crafting system, Gas Powered Games took the formula that worked for the original game and kept it, resulting in an expansion that is still fun to play (but once again, the new campaign is very short).
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 26th, 2007, 19:16
Kind of sad they couldn't find anything newer to review. This expansion has already hit the bargain bin. I got it, but found out you have to pretty much play through the whole game to get to it and I didn't have a save from DSII that I could import, so it is still languishing in the box and probably will be for awhile.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

June 26th, 2007, 19:24
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
Kind of sad they couldn't find anything newer to review. This expansion has already hit the bargain bin. I got it, but found out you have to pretty much play through the whole game to get to it and I didn't have a save from DSII that I could import, so it is still languishing in the box and probably will be for awhile.
You can start with a pre-gen character, as I noted in my review:
The minimum starting level is 39, and you can choose from several quality pre-made characters or import your own to begin this quest. If you finished the original game and spent any extra time leveling, your character is at a much higher level than this expansion expects making loot and experience from battle unsatisfying. Even choosing a pre-made character gives you an equipment set better than the vast majority of what you find.
I have never had a desire to return to this game.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 26th, 2007, 19:59
Yes, still haven't finished the main game, though I do enjoy playing it occasionally. Thanks for the tip on the pregen character thing, but I don't like them much—what else is there to an rpg if you don't build your own character…not that this is much of an rpg, but even so…

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » DS2 - Broken World - Review @ Game Apex