|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dishonored and Rage Sequels

Default Bethesda Softworks - Dishonored and Rage Sequels

July 6th, 2013, 12:58
IGN has quotes from an upcoming interview with Pete Hines where Bethesda discusses possible follow-ups to a couple of the publisher's recent games.

Last year, Bethesda VP of PR and marketing Pete Hines called Dishonored a “new franchise,” noting at the time that it was “far exceeding our sales expectations.” In an interview at E3, IGN asked Hines if Bethesda still sees a future in the series, plus how big of a priority it is for the publisher moving forward.

“In general, we try not to wade into anything as a one-off in the first place,” Hines told IGN, “so yeah, for sure. The success of that game and how proud Arkane is of it and what goes on at any studio when they put out something like that and all the ideas that are coming out, certainly it’s something that we feel is a franchise.”

What we do or don’t do on Dishonored has zero effect on Id, Tango, Machine Games. Each one, in some respects, kind of acts in a silo.

“It’s specific to Arkane,” Hines continued. “What we do or don’t do on Dishonored has zero effect on Id, Tango, Machine Games. Each one, in some respects, kind of acts in a silo. It doesn’t really matter what those guys are making. ‘What are you good at? What are you going to work on next? What are you going to do next? Okay, that’s what we’re going to do.’ It’s as simple as that.”

With the mention of Id, we asked Hines about recent reports that Rage 2 has been canceled and whether that franchise still has a potential future.

“To be determined,” Hines said. “We’ll see. Right now, [Id’s] focus is on their current project. They are full bore on that. What I’ve seen of it recently, I’m super happy about it. We want them to stick to that until we’re ready to talk about what that is. But let’s wait until we get there first.”
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; July 6th, 2013 at 13:13.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 6th, 2013, 12:58
With Elder Scrolls being the closest thing compared to the Ultima games and having succesfully launched Dishonored with Arkane, creators of the larger-than-life Arx Fatalis, why not let them make a 3D Skyrim Dungeon Crawler that follows the immersity of Ultima Underworld and Arx Fatalis?

Garrett

Watchdog
RPGWatch Team

July 6th, 2013, 17:18
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
With Elder Scrolls being the closest thing compared to the Ultima games and having succesfully launched Dishonored with Arkane, creators of the larger-than-life Arx Fatalis, why not let them make a 3D Skyrim Dungeon Crawler that follows the immersity of Ultima Underworld and Arx Fatalis?
Now THAT I would love to see. Arx has been the closest yet to another Ultima Underworld.

I liked Rage and would like to see a sequel. I don't play all that many FPS games, but that one held my interest with the combination of FPS and vehicle combat.

Xian

Watchdog

July 7th, 2013, 01:36
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
That would be awesome Arx was and is an awesome game. I'd even settle for a Doom reboot into an open world setting (hell) or otherwise.

I think they messed up big time by focusing on yet another MMO that will flop. That monthly revenue is just too temping for devs, even though single player RPGs still sell very well.

TimtheTaxMan

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dishonored and Rage Sequels