|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Preview @ OXCGN

Default Witcher 3 - Preview @ OXCGN

July 19th, 2013, 00:24
OXCGN has the latest preview for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The site ponders the question is the game,"The most advanced RPG yet?"

It seems lately that we, the gaming population, are a sucker for massive open-world adventures.

While we also love well-crafted stories, they are sometimes sacrificed in favour of a gigantic world that players can seamlessly explore. For example, thereís no argument that Skyrim had a beautifully detailed world, but many felt the storyline wasnít befitting the world.

On the other hand, some games focused on narrative can tack on a somewhat empty world to present a larger environment. Take L.A. Noire for example, a large game world that featured little to do outside the main storyline.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, aims to rectify this matter, and is already shaping up to be one next yearís most anticipated titles.

During this yearís E3, CD Projekt Red were on deck to personally show off their progress on Geraltís latest adventure. I was lucky enough to be able to check out firsthand what lies in store for fans of The Witcher series, through an in-depth 45 minute gameplay demo.

CD Projekt Red have claimed that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be the genre-defining RPG, one that utilises true Next Gen technology, combining both massive open worlds with a deep, branching narrative framework.

Sure, it sounds very ambitious, but from what I saw first hand at E3, and knowing the quality of their previous work, Iíve got to say, they might just do it.

More information.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 19th, 2013, 00:24
I dislike the preview.
For whatever reason, FNV is not mentioned.
Open world with story, story and story, more story and even more sidestories if you'll read every piece of paper/tape/whatnot.

But okay I guess, not everyone played it.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 19th, 2013, 22:44
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I dislike the preview.
For whatever reason, FNV is not mentioned.
Open world with story, story and story, more story and even more sidestories if you'll read every piece of paper/tape/whatnot.

But okay I guess, not everyone played it.
And I snatched it on PC for only 2,50 this week, too! (Without DLC)

Thaurin

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Preview @ OXCGN