|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Satellite Reign - In Engine Gameplay Visualisation

Default Satellite Reign - In Engine Gameplay Visualisation

July 23rd, 2013, 06:20
5 Lives Studios has released a new video for Satellite Reign to show how the game should look when finished.

Weve had a quite a few requests to see gameplay footage, the dilemma for us being that its a bit of a chicken and egg situation. To accurately portray the kind of immerse, simulated and emergent world we want to create, we need to actually create it for reals! And thats what this Kickstarter campaign is for, to create the game. Wed love to be able to demonstrate a mission played numerous different ways to sell the idea to you but that would require several months and a lot of money to produce. If we could do that wed have the game half done and we wouldn't really need Kickstarter to get us off the ground. We need a right, royal Kickstarting!

So with that in mind, while we prepare for our final week's onslaught of updates (no spoilers, we want them to be a surprise!), we thought you might like to see the extended cuts and a few unused gameplay shots we created for the initial pitch video and how we imagine the game will play and look. All of this was done in the engine were using for Satellite Reign, Unity.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 23rd, 2013, 06:20
Looks awesome!

rossrjensen

Sentinel

July 23rd, 2013, 06:56
Why does it always rain in Cyberpunkland?

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

July 23rd, 2013, 07:03
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
Why does it always rain in Cyberpunkland?
Edit: Wrong thread

I guess because a lot of cyberpunk settings draw their inspiration from PnP rpgs for which Seattle was a major setting. The other influence would be films like blade-runner where the dreary weather played into the depressed dystopian future setting.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

July 23rd, 2013, 07:09
I could swear the majority of cyberpunk/ dark sci-fi games I've seen featured mostly overcast or rainy weather. I don't know if they were all meant to take place in Seattle.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

July 23rd, 2013, 08:07
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
I could swear the majority of cyberpunk/ dark sci-fi games I've seen featured mostly overcast or rainy weather. I don't know if they were all meant to take place in Seattle.
There's also bladerunner which although based in a futuristic Las Angeles was shot through 50 days of rain and features a dreary rainy atmosphere in most of the movie. A lot of cyberpunk draws a great deal from that movie.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

July 23rd, 2013, 11:20
I'm sure it's called Seattelite Rain for a reason.

(;

Cacheperl

Sentinel

July 23rd, 2013, 14:52
It rains a lot here in Washington so since most Cyberpunk is based on Seattle rain has become synonymous with dystopian societies. Even if they set it somewhere else since it is part of the genre they will usually include the rain. If it was different and say most Cyberpunk was based around Los Angelas then most Cyberpunk would be set in a dry, hot, and smoggy environment.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

July 24th, 2013, 04:13
Has there been any details on other RPG aspects of the game? Or does it play mostly like an RTS game?

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Satellite Reign - In Engine Gameplay Visualisation