|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RoA: Blade of Destiny - Interview @ GMP

Default RoA: Blade of Destiny - Interview @ GMP

July 28th, 2013, 22:46
No, it hasn't. He is talking about a re-release of the classic game, I guess. Otherwise more infos would be nice.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 28th, 2013, 22:47
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
Crafty Games, unless we owe this special sort of release to any publisher
Well, this would be interesting to know, wouldn't it?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 28th, 2013, 23:01
Okay, I take this back. It seems the boxed version was indeed shipped a day or two early, and it doesn't run as expected. It hasnt hit the news sites yet, but Crystal's DSA forum says so. And they're usually right for everything The Dark Eye.

Thanks, Sacred_Path.

The release is on July 30th, and there are already first infos about a release day patch.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 28th, 2013, 23:17
Wow, the first Impressions sound terrible… well, who would have expected it…

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

germanic depressive

July 28th, 2013, 23:17
I'm really curious to see how they handled all the loose ends of the original game, since Blade of Destiny had lots of stuff that was either unfinished or broken (at least the eng version of the game).

Bugs aside, it does look promising and very faithful to the original.

cacaro

Codexian Spy

July 28th, 2013, 23:20
Guys, can we wait until the official release before condemning the game? There's a 400 MB patch coming.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 28th, 2013, 23:26
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Guys, can we wait until the official release before condemning the game? There's a 400 MB patch coming.
I agree - the devs have to make a -5 day pre-release patch, because some stupid distributors delivered the game too early.

German Forum

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken
Last edited by HiddenX; July 29th, 2013 at 16:14.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

July 28th, 2013, 23:33
It really annoys me, that when I buy a game today I get more or less the promise of a game someday and nothing complete anymore… takes the fun out of gaming…

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

germanic depressive

July 29th, 2013, 00:04
The reason a day one patch is often considered necessary by developer and / or publisher is because replication has to be done 2 - 4 weeks in advance. The team still has to be paid during that time. So it happens that this time is factored in.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 29th, 2013, 13:32
that's another point for digital distribution. You can have a 0-day patch and nobody will complain.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

July 29th, 2013, 13:36
Let's see what the patch actually does

It's not exactly against their own interests to promise a "miracle" launch patch, now is it.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

July 29th, 2013, 15:44
Isn't it usually the Publisher who puts the pressure onto the team to deliver a game exactly on day X ?

The questions I ask myself now are these :

- Why couldn't they wait ?
- Did the Publisher take into consideration that the amount of sold units would be higher if the press about it wasn't so bad ?

My personal - and highly subjective - impression is, that Publishers usually don't care. They are usually fully accepting bad sales even with buggy games.

Plus, and that's usually the worst thing : The gamers usually blame the developers for delivering a buggy game - the publisher usually can lean back, having "hands washed in innocence".

Usually, the shitstorm goes towards the developers, not towards the publishers who demand "day X".

Now I wonder, who has the fault in this matter (wrong decistions) ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 29th, 2013, 16:10
Simple:

They delivered an incomplete Goldmaster fully knowing that they need a Day 1 Patch.

Nothing would have happened, if there were not some distributors that delivered the game a few days earlier than originally planned.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

July 29th, 2013, 16:43
I'll start worrying when I have the game on my HD (preordered), but certainly not before.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

July 29th, 2013, 17:54
I think it was even only one onlineshop. It's old, well known and starts with 'O'.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 29th, 2013, 18:49
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
I'll start worrying when I have the game on my HD (preordered), but certainly not before.
Agreed.

As far as bugs are concerned, it certainly can't be any worse than the first release of Daggerfall (tutorial not working, falling into the void while trying to climb the wall in Privateer's Hold throne room, a daedra lord greeting you in front of the exit, Brysienna not showing up at the inn, frequent random CTDs and so on and on…).

cacaro

Codexian Spy

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RoA: Blade of Destiny - Interview @ GMP