|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - Released

Default Shadowrun Returns - Released

July 26th, 2013, 23:47
Shadowrun Returns is now available on Steam. The game is available as a standard edition and there is also a deluxe edition. Though I do think many of you know already.

MAN MEETS MAGIC & MACHINE. The year is 2054. Magic has returned to the world, awakening powerful creatures of myth and legend. Technology merges with flesh and consciousness. Elves, trolls, orks and dwarves walk among us, while ruthless corporations bleed the world dry. You are a shadowrunner - a mercenary living on the fringes of society, in the shadows of massive corporate arcologies, surviving day-by-day on skill and instinct alone. When the powerful or the desperate need a job done, you get it done… by any means necessary.

In the urban sprawl of the Seattle metroplex, the search for a mysterious killer sets you on a trail that leads from the darkest slums to the city’s most powerful megacorps. You will need to tread carefully, enlist the aid of other runners, and master powerful forces of technology and magic in order to emerge from the shadows of Seattle unscathed.

The unique cyberpunk-meets-fantasy world of Shadowrun has gained a huge cult following since its creation nearly 25 years ago. Now, creator Jordan Weisman returns to the world of Shadowrun, modernizing this classic game setting as a single player, turn-based tactical RPG
More information.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 26th, 2013, 23:47
anyone try this yet? is it too short as our forums thought it might be.

I'm told htere's good mod tools in it. Anyway to remove the magic and make it a true Cyberpunk game?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

July 27th, 2013, 00:50
yes I've been playing it for a few hours. I'm liking it a lot so far, but that's probably because the part I like the most about old-school RPGs is the tactical combat.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

July 27th, 2013, 09:11
After around 4 hours I think it's solid game.Combat lacks depth but it's still fun and addictive.Writing is decent, setting is good but I think it has far more potential than it's used.I like art style of the game.
I didn't back this and I didn't have big expectation for this game and it didn't exceed them.For those that expected lot form this game I think they might be disappointed.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

July 29th, 2013, 06:46
They had some info on their blog pertaining to localization and the Linux port, plus a pre-announcement of a project called Golem Arcana that will be Kickstarted in August.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

July 29th, 2013, 07:58
The concept in the Golem Arcana video looks interesting but I wonder about 2 things. 1) How much will the miniatures cost for that. 2) When I think tabletop gaming, I think about people my dad's age more than mine. He would never buy a tablet/mobile device. Wonder how many others in the target audience would be in the same boat.

greywolf00

Sentinel

July 29th, 2013, 09:58
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
They had some info on their blog pertaining to localization and the Linux port, plus a pre-announcement of a project called Golem Arcana that will be Kickstarted in August.
They want to do another kickstarter after extremely good sales of Shadowrun returns?They have more than enough money to finance any project.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - Released