|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Shadowrun - from Zero to "I want" in 43:22

Default Shadowrun - from Zero to "I want" in 43:22

July 26th, 2013, 04:35
Totalbiscuit did his WTF is.. series on Shadowrun Returns. It's a nice and informative video that just may convert you, even if you prior had no interest. Like me ='.'=

Shadowrun Returns on Steam

I have no willpower, buying it now!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

July 26th, 2013, 05:33
Cheers for the link. Also got me interested. I thought this was all about TB combat and and a universe I'm not familiar with but that looked promisingly like Fallout. I like the visual style too.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

July 26th, 2013, 13:50
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Cheers for the link. Also got me interested. I thought this was all about TB combat and and a universe I'm not familiar with but that looked promisingly like Fallout. I like the visual style too.
There is a lot of TB-combat in the game. In fact, that is where the focus of the game is. But if you like Jagged Alliance/XCOM-ish combat, you'll probably like the combat in Shadowrun (it is a bit more forgiving than those, but it has a similar style).
But it is story driven, has a good amount of text in it (nowhere near the amount in say PS:T or any other storytelling beasts), and the story thus far (4h in) seem to fit the setting.
It also does a good job at introducing the setting, a setting that I love (Shadowrun is the pen & paper RPG that I've spent the most time game-mastering).

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Shadowrun - from Zero to "I want" in 43:22