|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Depths of Peril - Preview @ RPG Codex

Default Depths of Peril - Preview @ RPG Codex

July 1st, 2007, 20:08
Vault Dweller from RPG Codex has penned a new Depths of Peril preview that includes a pretty good set of screens. Here's a snip:
So, when you feel that you are ready, you declare war on some poor bastard (covenant) and attack his lifestone. At this point the hero of that covenant teleports back and, aided by the bought guards and recruited NPCs, starts kicking your ass. You die, click "resurrect", and run back to that covenant's house and continue to attack the lifestone. If you attack and kill the hero, he's quickly resurrected and continues to attack you. Being resurrected does reduce HPs of your lifestone a bit. Also, the resurrection speed is directly related to the lifestone's HP. In other words, the more damaged a lifestone is, the longer it takes for it to resurrect the hero, which is a nice tactical touch.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 1st, 2007, 20:08
Hilarious preview, and nice encouraging comments from Mr. Peeler.

I am putting this game on my list, though being a graphics and clicky whore I sometimes have a hard time with indies when I actually go to play them.

This one really appeals to me though, even the graphics, which remind me of HoMM3, along with some of the strategy aspects of the covenant thing.

And I always enjoy games that have little messages telling you vital chores, but few have lines that equal "The blacksmith needs more pixie tails"

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

July 2nd, 2007, 18:06
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
And I always enjoy games that have little messages telling you vital chores, but few have lines that equal "The blacksmith needs more pixie tails"
Apparently everyone finds my placeholder quest text very amusing

Steven Peeler
lead designer/programmer of Depths of Peril
http://www.soldak.com/

Steven Peeler

Watcher

July 2nd, 2007, 19:51
In a good way, I assure you.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

July 3rd, 2007, 01:57
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
Hilarious preview, and nice encouraging comments from Mr. Peeler.
True. Maybe is was just because I was really tired, but this one got me on one of those laugh trains until I started to cry. I think I just lost it after " Only one covenant sucks more than the feared Skullz, so Sexy decided to take advantage of that fact. Sexy and Fast, her playmate of the year, dragged their asses to that house, waited until the owner went adventuring, and firmly declared war on terror and shit. The owner catapulted back and in less than 10 seconds, Sexy and Fast were killed with extreme prejudice."

I'm sure my wife was embarassed at that moment to be married to the biggest dork in the world.

chamr

Mounted Highborn

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Depths of Peril - Preview @ RPG Codex