|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake - Released

Default Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake - Released

July 30th, 2013, 14:43
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny remake is now available on Steam for $19.99, GamersGate for $19.99, and GreenManGaming for $15.99.

A legend reborn as Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny returns!

Developed by Austrian developer Crafty Studios, Realms of Arkania Blade of Destiny is a faithful remake of the 1992 original, adored by a generation of Role Players and one of the most successful RPGs of the 1990s.

Get ready to return to Thorwal, one of the oldest cities of Aventuria. Make sure your wits are sharpened before walking down the small alleys of Thorwal and Prem, and prepare to stop the Orcisch threat while creating a mighty alliance between nations. Featuring a complete visual reimagining along with a comprehensive overhaul of every aspect of the gameplay, Realms of Arkania Blade of Destiny is set to captivate a 21st century audience of new and old fans alike.

Old school RPG at its best for the Fans of REAL RPG games.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 30th, 2013, 14:43
I sort of expected it from the lack of information and the somewhat bad "trailer" video, but this game is sounding like a massive disaster: http://steamcommunity.com/app/237550/discussions/

Stingray

Sentinel

July 30th, 2013, 14:47
Yeah, sounds pretty rife with bugs. I'll avoid until major patching has occurred.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

July 30th, 2013, 14:50
Well it's not a surprise as the box release came out a few days early, and it was a mess. They promised a day one patch for the digital release, but looks like it's still a mess.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 30th, 2013, 14:55
a huge shame. was looking forward to play a game like this. Guess we have to wait a bit longer.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

July 30th, 2013, 15:03
In one of the Stream threads, the developer admits they knowingly released it with bugs, claiming it's a "rough gem" that they'll "polish" over time. In another thread, he admits that neither the German nor English manuals are ready, but that German one will be released "shortly". Pretty sad stuff there, probably not a company I'd want to have dealings with in the future.

Stingray

Sentinel

July 30th, 2013, 15:14
Not to sugarcoat a botched release, but occording to various comments from the german community on steam the steam version released today did not yet incorporate the announced day 1 patch, which should come in the next few hours. I can only hope that this will at least fix the most crass bugs…

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

July 30th, 2013, 15:27
I really hope the day one patch fixes the game since these kinds of bug ridden releases are what causes low sales and also has put companies out of business in the past.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

July 30th, 2013, 16:05
Really looking forward to this. Hope it gets cleaned up.

Trelow

Watchdog

July 30th, 2013, 16:06
That's disappointing, I was looking forward to this as I've never played the original. Oh well, I want to wait until it's on GoG anyway.

daveyd

Sentinel

July 30th, 2013, 16:14
ahhhhhhhh,
This was the game I was going to after I finish Shadowrun. I hope these developers get it together . . . soon.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

July 30th, 2013, 16:19
Old school RPG at its best – for the Fans of REAL RPG games.

Does that mean fans of REAL rpg's like bug infested messes??

We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds, in the name of destiny, and in the name of God.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

July 30th, 2013, 16:20
Meh, I always wait for patches anyway. If it's still a PoS a year from now, then it's no loss to me.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

July 30th, 2013, 16:42
I can't even say it's in Alpha stage It's terrible and beyond repair And I was so anxious to give it it try and review this game Guess I'll have to wait … indefinitely.

LE: Just got a 274MB patch. Checking now what it does
Last edited by Ranger; July 30th, 2013 at 16:55.

Ranger

Watcher

July 30th, 2013, 17:24
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
ahhhhhhhh,
This was the game I was going to after I finish Shadowrun. I hope these developers get it together . . . soon.
You're the first person I've heard say they've played Shadowrun, but not finished it.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

July 30th, 2013, 18:23
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
You're the first person I've heard say they've played Shadowrun, but not finished it.
He isn't the first. reread and you know why

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

July 30th, 2013, 18:23
Originally Posted by Icefire View Post
Old school RPG at its best for the Fans of REAL RPG games.

Does that mean fans of REAL rpg's like bug infested messes??
Daggerfall all over

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

July 30th, 2013, 18:43
wow, just wow.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

July 30th, 2013, 19:01
Does this mean that the international version will be fully patched / bug-free ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 30th, 2013, 19:29
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
Sorry about the misplaced modifier confusion

I never rush through games. When everyone was finishing Dishonored in 20 hours it took me 40. Same with Gothic 4 (Arcania) I got in 50 hours. I got in over 300 hours in Skyrim without touching the civil war and barely biting on the main quest.

Shadowrun has unique circumstances in that there is no save game. The game saves when you enter a new area. Thus whenever I enter a new area I quit. And since my gaming time is limited. I typically play after work and after family time. I'm pretty tired by then and I can't afford to wander around and then start all over again due to not making the save location. Hence once I reach it, I'm done for the night. Haven't gotten very far but I will probably make a lot of progress this weekend.

But back to topic. I played some of the original ROA games and loved their depth. It was weird at the time to scrounge for food while you were camping. And death came in many flavors (fighting, illness, hunger etc). One of the things I did not like was the lack of progression - growing up on Might and Magic I loved being level 44 something. But I think I only got as high as level 8 in the ROA games. I was really looking forward to a contemporary take on the games.

as i said before, I hope they get it together

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake - Released