|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » March 24th 7:36pm est.

Default March 24th 7:36pm est.

March 25th, 2015, 00:39
So what is everyone doing?

Staring at their download manager seeing if it will start sooner than release time?

Maybe having a nap before the long few days ahead!

A good book or movie might help pace the time.

Me I am playing a little online poker, not sure I will have much time during the day in the am. It is pretty much mapped out for all day, will be checking in to see whatever one has to say about POE.

CelticFrost

Keeper of the Watch

March 25th, 2015, 03:56
WOW…very silent here.

CelticFrost

Keeper of the Watch

March 25th, 2015, 04:27
Eh… don't care much personally. I'll play it in a couple weeks once the first couple patches have been pushed out.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 25th, 2015, 05:05
Raiding in EQ! Then back to some more King's Bounty.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2015, 05:43
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Eh… don't care much personally. I'll play it in a couple weeks once the first couple patches have been pushed out.
Same here, except I probably won't play it until this summer - after I've finished TW3.

It looks good, and I'll be happy to play something that (hopefully) recaptures the feel of the IE games, but I can't help thinking it's being a little over-hyped.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2015, 05:54
…although, if I *was* the desperate and drooling type, I'd be pretty annoyed right now. Backers still have no keys, while people buying off Steam can already pre-load.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 25th, 2015, 06:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Same here, except I probably won't play it until this summer - after I've finished TW3.

It looks good, and I'll be happy to play something that (hopefully) recaptures the feel of the IE games, but I can't help thinking it's being a little over-hyped.
I am sorry, I can't wait for TW3. It seems it has taken them 10 years though I know it hasn't. I don't read or watch anything on it a all right now and that isn't easy.

But did you just say that PoE could be a little over hyped. Now you might be right, hard to say right now. Though you have the TW3 in your reply witch is the most over hyped game I have seen EVER.

CelticFrost

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

March 25th, 2015, 06:25
sitting here pondering just how much monogamy is like suburbia - safe, comforting, and boring as hell

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

March 25th, 2015, 06:32
Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
But did you just say that PoE could be a little over hyped. Now you might be right, hard to say right now. Though you have the TW3 in your reply witch is the most over hyped game I have seen EVER.
To me, the difference is that TW3 might actually be worth the hype. A huge open-world game that also manages to provide a strong narrative experience. At least that's what's being claimed.

PoE on the other hand is basically an IE clone made with the Unity Engine.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2015, 10:27
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
To me, the difference is that TW3 might actually be worth the hype. A huge open-world game that also manages to provide a strong narrative experience. At least that's what's being claimed.

PoE on the other hand is basically an IE clone made with the Unity Engine.
To be fair, that's exactly how PoE has been hyped and a lot of people seem to want exactly that.

Personally, I don't think that's too exciting - but I'm sure it will be a decent enough game for IE fans. Considering I never even completed BG2 or IWD2 - I hardly need another, potentially inferior, clone of that formula.

TW3, however, seems to be in a completely different league. It's been made by developers who show tremendous passion and who really want to take the genre further - instead of travelling back in time to service fans of old games. That's much more exciting to me.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 25th, 2015, 10:39
At that time I was probably playing SWTOR.
But since yesterday evening I have to think of the poor people from that crashed airplane as well. Yesterday morning local time a German airplane carrying 150 people crashed in the Pyrenees mountain range. Whole country is in sadness.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 25th, 2015, 13:18
I was downloading about 10 new games and watching that new Dracula movie which was pretty damn good.

I'm sure I'll pick up PoE eventually but will wait for a few patches first.

Toff

Keeper of the Watch

March 25th, 2015, 13:25
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
…although, if I *was* the desperate and drooling type, I'd be pretty annoyed right now. Backers still have no keys, while people buying off Steam can already pre-load.
Backers have the keys already, I'm pre-loading it. They won't send you the key though, you get it by going to your products page at https://eternity.obsidian.net/login

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

March 25th, 2015, 13:34
I've unlocked the GOG version, and liked it to my account, but when going to it in my GOG library, there isn't anything there. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Seems, it might not be available for download on GOG yet, since it hasn't officially released yet, and there's no way of them stopping you from playing before release, since GOG has no DRM.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

March 25th, 2015, 14:51
I'm playing my dating sim/puzzle game HuniePop I kinda suck at match-3 so the game is quite challenging for me even on normal.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

March 25th, 2015, 15:06
I have keys and now the long wait for tomorrow night start (I can't play PoE before that and can't even play Friday because I have something else to do).

azarhal

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2015, 15:38
This process of having to log into some website that I've never used, and will never use again, simply to obtain a key that I've already paid for is super annoying. And 99% of the other products that I've supported simply send me a key when the day comes, this from companies that are much smaller than Obsidian, yet way more organized somehow.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2015, 15:53
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
This process of having to log into some website that I've never used, and will never use again, simply to obtain a key that I've already paid for is super annoying. And 99% of the other products that I've supported simply send me a key when the day comes, this from companies that are much smaller than Obsidian, yet way more organized somehow.
huh? Most of the kickstarter I backed did not sent me a key via emails. Most of them use Humble Bundle.

azarhal

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2015, 15:58
I've typically received my keys via email.

This wouldn't have been half as annoying if their site didn't give you a server error Fatal error. Please try again later.Error in exception handler if you tried to connect to the Backer Portal directly without being signed into the forums. I thought a login page would be common sense instead of giving the impression that your web site is down.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 25th, 2015, 16:04
Case in point, I just got a key yesterday from a game I supported called Ironcast, from Dreadbit games, if I remember the name right. I actually received 3 different keys because of my support level, had no trouble redeeming any of them. At no time did I have to go to some silly website to get these keys, and that is the way I prefer. If I actually give you money, why would you make the process more difficult?

Carnifex

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » March 24th 7:36pm est.