Quantcast
Oc. Rift exclusives are playable on HTC Vive with - a hack - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Oc. Rift exclusives are playable on HTC Vive with - a hack

Default Oc. Rift exclusives are playable on HTC Vive with - a hack

April 14th, 2016, 10:57
http://www.pcgamer.com/oculus-rift-e…th-this-trick/

As the article says, while people discovered how to bring exclusives on competitor's screen, Facebook exclusives are not playable with Vive's pads but you still have to use consoles' controllers.

I wrote that I'm not very interested in this first generation of VR helmets, but there is no way I'd give my cash to Facebook ever so if I do buy something in the future, at least I know my choice won't mean that I can't play everything.

HTC's helmet doesn't have exclusive titles but for some you'll have to use Vive motion controller which I don't think is sold separately. About Sony's VR solution details are still unknown.
Oculus Rift is Facebook's VR helmet, which is an input/output gadget. Basically, a monitor. Have you ever heard that in order to play a game you need to buy a specific monitor? Neither have I. Facebook however thinks their garbage has to have exclusives. I just hope that one doesn't have to login on Facebook account in order to play games on Oculus Rift.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 17th, 2016, 16:33
It seems Oculus is going to fix it so the hack won't work in the future.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

April 17th, 2016, 18:53
Facebook seems to be forgetting most important things.

It's PC, it's not Zynga cowclickers. On PC, people hammer, mod and hack stuff. Proper stuff. Not Flash avoidware.

Currently it's possible to prevent hacking executables on PC only with UWP or Denuvo. Since Facebook is not using any of these two, killing an existing hack won't stop another from emerging.

Final point of PC is that it's capable of emulating anything. Even with everything protected, there is no way an emulator that'll be able to trick a game into believing it's sending data to Facebook and it's gadgets won't emerge. Especially when the gadget is basically a monitor.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 19th, 2016, 17:06
I'll try VR when they pry my mouse and keyboard from my stiffened, greedy hands…

ElderGnome

Gnome of the World

Location: High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern US…

May 23rd, 2016, 13:30
Facebook just doesn't understand PC.
http://www.pcgamer.com/oculus-rift-d…-consequences/

To quote the subtitle:
DRM that makes piracy easier. Now we've seen everything.
VR helmet is nothing but a monitor.
Whoever got the idea in Facebook that PC games must be exclusive to one exact monitor should have been fired ages ago. Of course people will want to play LEGIT games on a monitor they like. If that means crack, well, there will be a crack.

But it's Facebook. You know, the site that got used to shaving sheep and now thinks every single gamer has a facebook profile and is a sheep.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 23rd, 2016, 13:49
This is the sort of controlling crap that makes cracking necessary. The Orwellian language makes me cringe - "platform integrity check". I sincerely hope the competing VR hardware prevents Oculus from becoming the dominant VR device.

Ripper

May savage salesmen

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Oc. Rift exclusives are playable on HTC Vive with - a hack