|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Inquisitor - Now Available on Steam

Default Inquisitor - Now Available on Steam

August 8th, 2013, 10:50
Steam announces that Inquisitor is now available with a special 10-20% off.

Inquisitor is Now Available on Steam and is 10 - 20% off to celebrate!

Inquisitor is a unique blend of action-oriented combat with a deep and involving tale of betrayal, torture, madness, and infernal damnation. Put your wits to the test as you collect evidence against possible heretics and put them to trial once they have been charged. Use the might of the Inquisition to extract a confession from your subjects, but be warned, use your power wisely or you will face the consequences. If a gritty old-school open-ended isometric RPG is what you looking for, look no further. Inquisitor will provide you with hours of gameplay and a dark, involving story.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 8th, 2013, 10:50
wasn't there an oldie RPG 3rd person view called the inquisitor too?

rikus

Watchdog

August 8th, 2013, 22:57
Not much excitement about this, is anyone playing it?

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

August 8th, 2013, 23:13
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
Not much excitement about this, is anyone playing it?
I played the GOG release a few months back. It's your typical 90's Diablo clone. Not bad but not great either. There should be a few newsbits were people gave their impression.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 8th, 2013, 23:40
Our review and comments

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 8th, 2013, 23:58
Inquisitor is not a Diablo clone, it's a genuine full blooded CRPG.

For those who like a challenge its a great game, coffee break casuals will not have much joy with Inquisitor, there is no hand holding, you're left to your own devices.

Inquisitor won best story/writing game of the year 2012 per Gamebanshee and won "The Indie RPG of 2012* and rated at 9/10 per RPG France.

Wulf

Inquisitor

August 9th, 2013, 00:05
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
Inquisitor is not a Diablo clone, it's a genuine full blooded CRPG.
I should of said 90's style CRPG since people take words to literally. Anyways you can buy it for $9 that's a bargain.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; August 9th, 2013 at 01:06.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 9th, 2013, 00:13
In the end, the game could have been a lot more than it was, but calling it a Diablo clone is simply stupid. Then again, some boneheaded people still call even Divine Divinity a Diablo clone.

tolknaz

Sentinel

August 9th, 2013, 00:22
Originally Posted by tolknaz View Post
In the end, the game could have been a lot more than it was, but calling it a Diablo clone is simply stupid. Then again, some boneheaded people still call even Divine Divinity a Diablo clone.
Guess I'm bone headed then. Don't worry I'm not offended. I clarified what I meant anyway.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 9th, 2013, 00:23
The problem:

The combat looks like Diablo, but if a CP (Casual Player) wants to play it like Diablo (mindless Hack & Slay) then he gets his ass kicked
You have to plan your character, spellcasting and budget and use combat tactics to survive in the dungeons.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2013, 01:55
I should probably give this game another chance. I liked the setting and atmosphere, and I thought the writing was definitely above average, but I found the combat to be too clunky and tedious for such a long game.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 9th, 2013, 13:26
from this gameplay :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvj8t3ued3U

it looks really nice, I'm not sure its eschalon but it looks pretty solid and close.
bought.

rikus

Watchdog

August 9th, 2013, 14:09
Inquisitor may be anything but is definetly not Diablo clone.

I liked it a lot for the first hour or two… It really felt like a gem. Then noticed that enemies respawn. Endlessly. There was no option in ingame settings to stop that nor there is mod to prevent it. So the next step was: uninstall.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2013, 17:26
Yeah the first few hours where you explore town and piece together the mystery of what is going on are great. Leaving town and exploring was a huge disappointment for me though.

I've gotten the sense though that it's possible that the experience is very different depending on what class you play. As a paladin, the game was completely brain dead, you click on an enemy and wait for them to die, then repeat. Occasionally you clicked on a potion. There was so little thought or strategy required that it made diablo look like chess. But it sounds like some of the other classes are a little more interesting.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

August 9th, 2013, 21:10
My problem with Inquisitor was that Chapter 2 is almost a complete redo of Chapter 1. The plot is exactly the same, only the name and rank of the baddy changes. I just quit when I realized this. Still, Chapter 1 gave me enough hours of fun that I feel I got my money's worth.

Methinks Wulf works for or dates somebody on the Inquisition team. He posts defending all things Inquisitor, every time someone mentions it

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2013, 21:33
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Methinks Wulf works for or dates somebody on the Inquisition team. He posts defending all things Inquisitor, every time someone mentions it
Or maybe he just likes the game and loves to have a challenge.

It's easy to get bored if you played 200+ CRPGs …

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2013, 21:41
I almost came across as if i was defending the game eralier. That's not the case at all. I played the game when they first released it on GOG. I actually liked the game at first for its expertly crafted manuals and other documents (too bad, they're digital only), excellent writing (especially various descriptions), neat graphics (The animations are hideous though. It's as if they were made by a completely different art team.), great music, and unique setting, but after spending 6-7 hours with it i simply can't be arsed to continue with it anymore, unless someone tones down enemy respawning, makes movement faster and balances classes (and character advancement) a bit better.

tolknaz

Sentinel

August 9th, 2013, 21:53
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Methinks Wulf works for or dates somebody on the Inquisition team.
Yup. Dates.

But this looks more interesting since… No respawns:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-NEIB1/n…k-i-the-plague
Or not. It's also available on phones. Yukk.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2013, 22:04
Joxer, I have asked the Skyrim ponies, and they are sure you work for the ASARP:

Anti Skyrim And Respawn Party
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ask_the_skyrim_ponies.jpg (65.9 KB, 25 views)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 10th, 2013, 04:12
I really tried to like it….but a few things really made it hard to get into. For instance if you go to a shopkeeper and he doesn't have what you want, just exit the shop and enter it again and boom new items listed…so no saving up for that weapon or armor you saw.

And although the writing was well done, it was tell not show. It felt like a mini novel for each conversation with characters. I'm sure one day I will try again and get 10 hours or so in and get bored.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Inquisitor - Now Available on Steam