|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » WTF is Sunless Sea?

View Poll Results - Sunless Sea: interested yet??

To be frank, Aubrielle's column did it for me already (my name isnt Frank btw) 1 20.00%
Yes, and thank you Sammy for turning me on to this vid 2 40.00%
No, still not feeling it. 1 20.00%
No, and quit posting lame Totalbiscuit vids. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Default WTF is Sunless Sea?

February 7th, 2015, 21:42
Totalbiscuit does a good "WTF is?" video for Sunless Sea

Like his excellent This War of Mine video, i went from nil to interested by the end, looks compelling

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

+1:

February 7th, 2015, 23:48
Bought both games yesterday from GoG (Sunless sea & This war of mine) and I'm baffled ! Sunless sea, I just scratched the surface while creating my first captain but I'm in love already. The narrative and visual style is wonderful and so promising ! I've gone a bit farther with TWoM and absolutely love it ! That's a bit repetitive as TB says in his vidtest but I'm in love with that kind of gameplay anyway. My first team's already dead after two weeks but I've generated a second one already and intend to make them see the end of this war ! These two games already got me addicted, i think that'll gonna end like it ended with Space rangers 2 and I won't have any social life until next summer, at least. That's that good !

Gloo

Sentinel

February 7th, 2015, 23:57
Yeah I'm really impressed with Failbetter. They took the pretty interesting lore they developed for a browser title (Fallen London) and leveraged into a very solid and unique feeling game. I'm looking forward to see what they do next.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

February 8th, 2015, 19:22
I watched the vid and I liked it. Then he got to the combat. And it sucked. So I dunno really, maybe they should have ditched the combat completely or maybe he just hasn't got the hang of how combat can be enjoyable. Anyway, I didn't vote but look forward to some more reviews of folks here who have been tempted. Edit: also, seems like there's a whole heap of random going on, that rogue-like element, and I'm pretty bored of the whole concept of RNG made tedious recently.

lackblogger

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » WTF is Sunless Sea?