|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: The Fall - Android Release Next Month

Default Deus Ex: The Fall - Android Release Next Month

August 13th, 2013, 03:57
Eidos Montreal has revealed that the Android version of the Deus Ex: The Fall mobile game will be hitting the Google Play Store next month, priced at $6.99.

Additionally, we’re also very excited to confirm that the Android version of Deus Ex: The Fall will be available in September.
More information.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 13th, 2013, 03:57
This is an interesting outcome for a couple of reasons:
- If you are an iOS fan, this combined with the great XCOM sales indicates that iOS continues to be THE growth platform - heck, it is where EA made the most money last year! So it is a sign that more games of this type are headed to iOS.
- If you are an Android fan it is a good thing that you will get more games!
- If you hate mobile platforms and feel they usurp games from PC … well, it sucks for you.
- If you like deep gaming experiences this is NOT a good sign - more and more iOS and Android dominate not just the money side of things but the mind-share side … so as we keep seeing things are even more shallow and bite-sized …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 13th, 2013, 04:17
I use to hate them but have since realized there just another way to play games.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 13th, 2013, 15:51
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
This is an interesting outcome for a couple of reasons…
You forgot the case:
- maybe you like hookers and/or booze you can find cheaper than phonegames crap.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 13th, 2013, 17:25
Sounds nice. If Baldur's Gate Enhances Edition comes out again, I'll be as happy as I can be with my new tablet *g*

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

August 13th, 2013, 21:20
I don't even have an IOS device. Don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Yme

Sentinel

August 13th, 2013, 22:35
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
You forgot the case:
- maybe you like hookers and/or booze you can find cheaper than phonegames crap.
Actually, no … and in that case I would have discussed a$$hats who like to come piss on threads when they should just shove off because they have nothing of value to add.

Don't like gaming on smartphones? Great! Here's a star and a trophy and a quarter! Stick the star on your forehead and shove the trophy up your butt and use the quarter to call someone who cares.

Sorry to be harsh, but given that (a) you show up in EVERY smartphone related thread and (b) you have nothing productive to say … why bother?

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 14th, 2013, 00:19
Stating that phonegames are too expensive is nothing? Okay.

btw, I don't show up in EVERY phone thread. I have better things to do. And I've shown my arse, butt, trophy, whatever in this one not because of phones and crap on them, but because of Deus Ex. I love that game, those games. Yet, I was betrayed by their makers.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 14th, 2013, 00:25
Stating that phonegames are too expensive is nothing?
Actually your general statement and sentiment is that they are crap - which is what you also stated here.

because of Deus Ex.
Ah, makes sense. I apologize in that regard - I forgot that you feel that the developers have a personal vendetta to ruin your life.

Yet, I was betrayed by their makers.
Now THIS I don't get. Can you explain?

As I see it, just because the two Matrix (or two Jurassic Park) sequels were crap doesn't do ANYTHING to lessen the original. Similarly , just because Deus Ex: Invisible War is dumbed down and consolized and inferior doesn't diminish the original. So why the issue that they decided to make a game for mobiles?

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 14th, 2013, 00:46
You've explained already. Matrix got movie sequels, not official youtube lowq cam videos.

Developers have nothing with it, what vendetta?
The decision to go milk phonefans and sell balls under the title kidneys was CEO's, not developers'.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 14th, 2013, 00:51
You've explained already. Matrix got movie sequels, not official youtube lowq cam videos.
So you would rather have an awful PC game than a decent iOS game? Is it simply the platform? Because you seem to have fully judged the game without evidence.

My thing with 'betrayal' is that is a personal work - reflecting something promised and/or owed that has been altered with impunity. As far as I know, there was no promise of The Fall as a PC game, and no statement that its existence precludes further PC games.

I look at it like Might & Magic Clash of Heroes coming out on the Nintendo DS 4 years ago - not a betrayal, not a change … just a game (and frankly a better one than Might & Magic: Kick-Kick-Kick

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 14th, 2013, 00:55
The Matrix did officially release a series of videos (anime even), as well as a failed MMO, and 2 video games with worse reviews then DE:The Fall.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

August 14th, 2013, 08:50
Someone trying to make sense of joxer again?

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: The Fall - Android Release Next Month